Insurance Question

Manufactured home insurance is different than other types of homeowner insurance. Resolve your questions and concerns here!
Brian Keaveney

Insurance Question

Post by Brian Keaveney » Fri Mar 09, 2001 12:25 am

I will be insuring a new mobile home in Maine-Value $30,000, $3,000 Appurtenant Structures,$15,000 Person Property,$6,000 Loss of Use,$500,000 Personal Liability,$5,000 Medical Payments, with a $500 deductable. Annual premium $149.
Fire hydrant more than 1000 feet away property. My agent told me that mobile homes decrease in value over time. The questions are:Do mobile homes lose value like an automobile, Is my premium seem like a fair one, and do I have proper coverage? The property will be used as a second home.
Thanks
Brian

Kenneth J. Quist

RE: Insurance Question

Post by Kenneth J. Quist » Tue Mar 13, 2001 5:14 pm

Sorry for the delay. I missent your answer last Friday.
Your coverages are in line with the value for which you are covering the mobile home. You may want to look at the personal liability coverage amount. Unless you have a high risk item like a trampoline etc. 100,000 may be fine. However, if the additional premium is not much to go from 100,000 to 500,000 then it is worth it. You may also want to check on how much you are actually saving by going to a $500 deductible as opposed to $250. Oftentimes, the savings is not worth it. Your premium is good. Feel fortunate you do not live in OK where it would be $500.
Mobilehomes do depreciate generally. If they are permanently attached and on land they hold their value far better especially if you have a regular mortgage as opposed to obtaining a loan on the house and the land seperately.
Be sure and check a site like mobilehome.com and check out and make sure you are getting a good upfront price. Oftentimes, people are upside down on the value because they are paying too much initially.

coydog

Re: Insurance Question

Post by coydog » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:03 pm

can i insure a newly purchased doublewide home if its not going to be lived in for six months

David Oxhandler

Re: Insurance Question

Post by David Oxhandler » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:09 pm

The best way to secure insurance and get all of your quetions answered by a pro is to fill out the form you will find at www.MobileHomeInsuranceQuote.com
David Oxhandler
[email protected]