Questionable Mobile Home in Park

An important on-line resource for Community Owners and Managers. Participants enhance their professional abilities by sharing valuable insights, tips and on the job experiences.
exfemcop

Questionable Mobile Home in Park

Post by exfemcop » Tue May 03, 2011 12:44 pm

I used to be on the Board of Directors for my Park (co-op). It has recently come to my attention that a home brought into the Park (by a current Board member) may have been obtained in a questionable manner. The only information I have (other then the year and make) is that it came from Connecticut. I have a serial number that came from the deed but I'm not sure it's correct. It's only 4 #'s long.

It's very important to our community that every home that comes into our park is legitimate.

David Oxhandler

Re: Questionable Mobile Home in Park

Post by David Oxhandler » Tue May 03, 2011 12:58 pm

and your question is...????
David Oxhandler
[email protected]

exfemcop

Post by exfemcop » Tue May 03, 2011 1:04 pm

Haha, sorry! Can we research the origin of this home based on the serial # alone? The first deed drawn up shows that it from a mobile home park that doesn't appear to exist. Five month later they obtained a new deed (or title) with completely different information (I got this information from the local registry of deeds).

I guess I just don't know where to start to find out if this home was obtained legitimately.

These suspicions all stem from a comment that came from our Trasurer that stated "that's what happens when you steal a mobile home".

David Oxhandler

Post by David Oxhandler » Tue May 03, 2011 1:13 pm

Four numbers are an abbreviated serial number... probably the last 4 numbers. If that is the only info available you have no place to go.

Mobile Homes are just too big to steal. Almost all states require transport permits including a pilot lead car. Your suspicions will almost surly prove unwarranted.

Unless the owner is causing you a personal problem why are you worried about this?
David Oxhandler
[email protected]

exfemcop

Post by exfemcop » Tue May 03, 2011 1:18 pm

Because we're a Co-op - not privately owned. Anything that happens effects EVERYONE!