Abandoned trailer issues

An important on-line resource for Community Owners and Managers. Participants enhance their professional abilities by sharing valuable insights, tips and on the job experiences.
chadw28

Abandoned trailer issues

Post by chadw28 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:01 am

I have an abandoned trailer in my mobile home park the lady has not been there for 2 yrs now she is on the run from the law and took the title with her I have a couple that are wanting to buy the trailer is that legal ? Would I have to go to the courts or sheriff office to do so I was told in the state of wv by a deputy sheriff that all property after 30 days is legally mine and to do what I wish to do with it ... Not sure if that is true never had this happen before so looking for answers that would help and also how to go about getting the title for it since it is abandoned thank you .. chad wilson

trmimo

Re: Abandoned trailer issues

Post by trmimo » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:47 am

In most states it is pretty easy to obtain an abandoned title. Ask your lawyer about the particulars in your state, it is usually not too involved or expensive.

David Oxhandler

Post by David Oxhandler » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:08 am

Mobile Home Parks are a unique property type as those who hold equity in the home have no ownership of the real-estate under those homes. Because of this most states have laws in place unique to the operation of mobile home parks.

For your best source of information on ther rules in youre state contact the West Virginia Housing Institute (formerly the WV Manufactured Housing Association) 304-346-8985. John R. Teare Jr. is the Association's general counsel. Post Office Box 273, Charleston, WV 25321-0273, E-Mail [email protected] or phone at (304) 340-3813.
David Oxhandler
[email protected]

redhillmhp

Post by redhillmhp » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:48 am

I have a home in the park that has been abandoned for 4 years. It was purchased in Texas and brought to NM. I have a copy of original texas title. The owner sold the home. The new owner never registered it with motor vehicle in the state of NM, however it is registered with the tax office. I get the run around every time I go to motor vehicle. I have judgement as the "owner" was evicted for non payment. I can not contact her?????????????? There are no liens on it expect for tax lien with the county here. How do I get title?????????? Thanks

David Oxhandler

Post by David Oxhandler » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:57 pm

The laws of each state are different in this area. There is a lost title procedure but I don't think that will work for you as you are NOT the owner of record.

You should get clear title prior to reselling or removing the home to be assured that the previous owners or the state wont have cause of action against you in the future. Seek legal advice about the process in NM from a local attorney or the New Mexico Manufactured Housing Association, 6001 Indian School Rd NE # 560, Albuquerque, NM 87110-3101 - (505) 830-3764
David Oxhandler
[email protected]

Needing help

Post by Needing help » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:44 am

Who can I contact for info on how to handle abandment issues in North Carolina ?

Needing Help

David Oxhandler

Post by David Oxhandler » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:05 am

See my reply to your other post
David Oxhandler
[email protected]

swr

Post by swr » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:54 am

I want to know if it is possible to locate a mobile home that someone or a business would like to donate. I traveled for Thanksgiving Holiday and saw a very old friend and she is now a single Mother living in a mobile home that is literally falling apart. Saying she has fallen on hard times is a vast understatement. I am now researching how to help.