Deposit Returns

An important on-line resource for Community Owners and Managers. Participants enhance their professional abilities by sharing valuable insights, tips and on the job experiences.
oriole6

Deposit Returns

Post by oriole6 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:36 am

I have to handle deposit returns through the mail because I live in another state from my park. I don't want to use the checks I use to pay park bills, because my personal address is on them -- but the cancelled check feature would be useful, something I don't have with a money order. A P.O. Box is not worth the money for the 2 or 3 deposits I have to return each year. A cashier's check costs me $5.00. What's the best way to handle this situation?

David Oxhandler

Re: Deposit Returns

Post by David Oxhandler » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:13 am

Open a business account for the park with the address of the park on the checks and tell the bank that statements are to be mailed to your home address...
David Oxhandler
[email protected]

oriole6

Re: Deposit Returns

Post by oriole6 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:06 pm

Thanks for your reply, David. I was just at the bank to see about doing that, and the clerk suggested that I order a pad of checks (with my current biz acct. #) with only my business name on it and omit the address....

Now why didn't I think of that?