credit references

An important on-line resource for Community Owners and Managers. Participants enhance their professional abilities by sharing valuable insights, tips and on the job experiences.
Linda

credit references

Post by Linda » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:23 pm

I would like to make a purchase in a mobile home community. My concern is that in the application process, a credit check is done. Because of health problems I have been on short term disability twice, could not return to work at one job and probably have had every credit problem I could. My solution has been to sell my home and pay off my debts. I will be able to pay cash for a mobile home and not have a problem paying space rent, but will I ever be considered a qualified applicant with my credit history? Should I even mention it up front? Thanks.

Chrissy Jackson

Re: credit references

Post by Chrissy Jackson » Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:12 am

Yes, you should definitely mention your credit history up front. The reason for a credit is the somewhat flawed assumption that "history repeats itself" in that if you haven't paid your bills in the past, you won't in the future. Get yourself organized for the application process. Be prepared to show bank statements proving that you can pay cash for the home you want. Also prove income so there is no doubt that you will be able to pay the lot fees in the future. Then, take copies of all information to leave with your application. If you are turned down, reply to the letter as instructed for more information. Good luck to you! And, by the way, there are folks out there who own or manage a community who will approve you with the above information.

Linda

Re: credit references

Post by Linda » Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:55 pm

Chrissy, thank you so very much for the reply! Linda