Removal of trailer from park

An important on-line resource for Community Owners and Managers. Participants enhance their professional abilities by sharing valuable insights, tips and on the job experiences.
John B

Removal of trailer from park

Post by John B » Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:31 am

Hi,

I own a small park in Post Falls Idaho and have one problem tenant that is being evicted for non payment of rent. All the procedures are available through the Idaho court system for this process, but unlike other states there are no statutes that pertain to the condemnation and removal of the trailer. The trailer is non saleable and the tenant knows that, but will not provide a title so I can get it out of the park.

I have contacted the Idaho court people and they suggest getting an attorney, which I want no part of if I can avoid it. This is a low budget opperation. I am sure there is a way to do this without incurring the expense of an atorney.

Can anyone that has delt with this before reflect on the process?

My e-mail is [email protected]

Thank you in advance for your time.

John B

Kris

Re: Removal of trailer from park

Post by Kris » Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:13 am

John, is there anything in your lease and or rules that state that once a tenant leaves personal property over 30 days it becomes the property of the park? Or is there anything that states that you are not responsible for the damages or any and all property? If there is some statute, regulation, policy, park rule, etc. that you can find maybe that will help. Sorry I am in California and I know that out here if someone were to do that, the trailer may be able to be moved.

Hope this helps =)

David Oxhandler

Post by David Oxhandler » Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:06 am

Contact your state association. They will probably be the best source of information and experience for the help your seeking.Idaho Manufactured Housing AssociationPO Box 201, Sun Valley, ID 83353Phone: 208-343-1722 E-Mail: [email protected]

John B

Post by John B » Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:38 am

Thank you for the information. There is nothing on the lease to allow for the removal of trailers, but there will be in about a week. That does not help me now though. I am attempting to work with the tenant through a series of registered letters to make a deal to get the title or at least a bill of sale. If he does not respond he prejudeces the court by default and this probably would result in a court order to allow removal after publishing for 3 months. This is a pain and costly, but part of the business.

I did not know there was an Idaho mobile home association, silley me. I will see what remedy they might have.

Thanks again,

John

Jim Bales

Post by Jim Bales » Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:17 am

Hello John

I have a 93 pad mobile hm park in N.E.Oklahoma and have built it up from 15 pads. It took me a few years and now have been in the business for just over 20 years. I have delt with this problem many times and am fortunate that Okla. tags and registers mobile homes like auto's and if stored over 30 days without payment we can file for abondan vehicle title. It is called a title 42 and you must pay the back taxes, which is usually a small price to pay to get them out. We can also call the tax assessor for all the info that you need such as VIN number and etc..

Maybe your state has something simular.

Lots of luck

Jim

Julian Levant

Post by Julian Levant » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:45 pm

I own 5 parks in Michigan. I am also an attorney. I have had to obtain orders to remove a number of homes such as you describe.

While the procedure may be a little different in Idaho, if you forward me your information, I can send you a sample of what we do here for you to use.