Mold Remediation

An important on-line resource for Community Owners and Managers. Participants enhance their professional abilities by sharing valuable insights, tips and on the job experiences.
Jeff Hinkle

Mold Remediation

Post by Jeff Hinkle » Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:32 pm

Hi Chrissy - I hope you can help me. We are a manufacturer that has been in business for over 50 years selling to the grocery, drug, discount, and hardware trade a variety of household cleaning products. During the last two years we have been working with the EPA to get approval for a mold cleaning product unlike anything that has been on the market. The technology behind this new product was developed by Sandia Laboratories, a government laboratory, to neutralize all sorts of biological and chemical toxins. It also takes care of mold, brilliantly.

Right now, when you ask your local hardware store for something to clean mold, the answer is bleach. Bleach will not kill the mold spores, which can lay dormant until the next blast of moisture activates them and off they go. Our product will kill the mold spores to inhibit them from growing again, as well as clean and disinfect. Mildew and fungus included. If homeowners have mold, they may call a professional remediator, which may end up costing thousands of dollars, depending on the infestation. Insurance companies are running away from the problem as fast as they can. We will be able to offer an alternative to those homeowners that like to do it themselves for smaller areas.

Why am I writing to you?

During our research we found that a lot of people with mobile homes have problems with mold. On their outside paneling, roof, inside under sinks, or areas with not a lot of ventilation. We would like to be able to reach the various mobile home owners or park owners inexpensively through mailings in a way to educate them about a new product coming on the market that will be available in their local DIY or Hardware store, as well as on-line.

Is there a listing of larger and medium sized manufactured housing parks available? I just started on Google today, and you were on the second page of my query "mobile home supplies". I may find it soon, but thought your forum might save me a lot of time. (I am finding a lot of suppliers of parts to the mobile home industry, which is fine, as we want to supply them too, but we believe going directly to those affected would be best).

Any insight would be helpful.

Jeff

Camille Mueller

Re: Mold Remediation

Post by Camille Mueller » Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:14 pm

Jeff,

Could you send me information about your product? I am purchasing a mobile home park that has one empty trailer with mold. I was going to yank it out or use Mircoban on it. I would be interested in finding out about your product.

My email is [email protected]

Thanks!

Camille

Joanne Patterson

Post by Joanne Patterson » Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:22 pm

Jeff,
I too would be interested in your product. I just recently had a resident call concerning mold in the home that he is purchasing from us. The heatlh department told him to leave the home immediately and find somewhere else to live. We are presently trying to get him into one of our other homes, but need to clean up and rehab the one he is in.
Please let me know what you have found.
Thanks
Joanne
e-mail: [email protected]

serenityacres

Post by serenityacres » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:36 pm

I know this subject is old but I would info about this product. anything would be helpful.

admin

Post by admin » Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:00 am

Mold is a potential problem in any structure and needs to be avoided or removed when it occurs.

"Molds are part of the natural environment. Outdoors, molds play a part in nature by breaking down dead organic matter such as fallen leaves and dead trees, but indoors, mold growth should be avoided. Molds reproduce by means of tiny spores; the spores are invisible to the naked eye and float through outdoor and indoor air. Mold may begin growing indoors when mold spores land on surfaces that are wet. There are many types of mold, and none of them will grow without water or moisture....

Molds have the potential to cause health problems. Molds produce allergens (substances that can cause allergic reactions), irritants, and in some cases, potentially toxic substances (mycotoxins)."

Read more from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency

Mold Basics Why is mold growing in my home? Can mold cause health problems? How do I get rid of mold? Mold Cleanup Who should do the cleanup? Mold Cleanup Guidelines What to Wear When Cleaning Moldy Areas How Do I Know When the Remediation or Cleanup is Finished? Moisture and Mold Prevention and Control Tips Actions that will help to reduce humidity Actions that will help prevent condensation Testing or sampling for mold Hidden Mold Cleanup and Biocides Additional Resources
David Oxhandler
mailto:[email protected]

serenityacres

Post by serenityacres » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:08 am

How do I get hold of jeff Hinkle, to find out about his product? I've read all the stuff about mold. I know how dangerous it is.

elijahjacobe12

Post by elijahjacobe12 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:42 am

The process of mold remediation can help to identify large scale mold issues within buildings and help to eradicate it in most cases.