Establishing a New MH Park

An important on-line resource for Community Owners and Managers. Participants enhance their professional abilities by sharing valuable insights, tips and on the job experiences.
Ken

Establishing a New MH Park

Post by Ken » Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:37 am

Hello,

I am interested in establishing a new MHP. It will be located in Central New York State. The area of location has a very strong economy and a shortage of affordable housing. It is a scenic property of 110 acres convenient to town. The town has no restrictive zoning or other adverse regulations.

My question is if there is a resource available with information from others who have experience establishing new parks. Thank you.

Ken

David Oxhandler

Re: Establishing a New MH Park

Post by David Oxhandler » Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:45 am

You will find a large selection of books for community managers and developers at the book store. The index for MH Community print books is HEREWe also have some of the titles available for instant download as e-books, which you can find HERE

Lindsley Bratten

Post by Lindsley Bratten » Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:08 am

Ken:

Hi. I built and filled a 500 unit mobile home community in Del Valle Texas on 90 acres from 1997 till now, with the help of HUD financing, 207 m.

If you are interested I would consider helping you plan and build your park for consulting fees, if that would be of help to you. My park can be seen at www.Deerwoodtexas.com

If this is of interest to you I will be gald to talk with you and tell you all about my experience and why I would offer to do this to help you now.

best regards,

Lindsley Bratten
512-627-5400 cell phone

David Oxhandler

Post by David Oxhandler » Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:25 pm

Before you consider buying or building a park there are a lot of dynamics to understand.
"If you want to buy an older community that is in need of repair, where do you start? What do you consider? To whom do you go to ask questions? What questions are important? What other resources do you have to consider?" Read the free reprint of Chrissy Jackson's article Buying A MHCommunity – What to Look For?
Another must read if your going to Buy and Improve an MH Community is How to Find, Buy, Manage & Sell a Manufactured Home Community by George Allen
For details about Government backed loans for Community purchase and upgrade get Eddie Hicks popular bookHow To Get An FHA Guaranteed Loan For Acquisition and Rehabilitation or Development of a MH Community This title is now also available in E-Book format for Instant Download You will find many more publications on community management, purchase and upgrade at www.ManufacturedHousingBookStore.com

Dale Osborn

Post by Dale Osborn » Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:12 pm

Ken
Before you jump into development of a new MHP maybe you should consider an older park and refurbish it. If you look in the NY area, it appears there are many
MHPs for sale. Why is everyone selling? Is there a market for another MHP?
Just a thought for you to consider!

Dale

David Oxhandler

Post by David Oxhandler » Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:53 pm

Dale -

At the moment there are not very many MHCommunies on the market. At today´s low interest rates, community prices are at an all time high. There are many more buyers than sellers right now, and it probably isn’t going to improve in the near future, so you can expect a lot of competition to purchase every property that comes available.

It’s no secret anymore that investing in MHCommunities, at the right price and good financing, can be one of the most lucrative and safe of all the real estate investment opportunities. With so many buyers and so few communities for sale out there at the moment, it’s a seller’s market..

Read our page of Frequently Asked Questions About Buying A MHCommunity It was compiled by Ed Hicks, who has worked for many years, with great success as an agent, for investors seeking Manufactured Home Community properties. It may answer some of your questions