sell/trade home from home/land package

An important on-line resource for Community Owners and Managers. Participants enhance their professional abilities by sharing valuable insights, tips and on the job experiences.
Greg

sell/trade home from home/land package

Post by Greg » Mon Nov 15, 2004 2:42 pm

Chrissy, I financed a moile home/land package, seven years ago.I love the land thehome sits on (almost two acres in the country) but I' m starting to have alot of problems with the home. Not having any experience with living in a mobile home I didn't know, how can I say this, how cheap it was manufactured!! The point and my question is, can I sell or trade the home and keep the land? I have built a large goldfish pond with waterfall, gazebo, shed not to mention the other landscaping. I would really hate to sell the whole place and don't want to but the home is not worth what I'm paying for it. Any advice? Greg

Chrissy Jackson

Re: sell/trade home from home/land package

Post by Chrissy Jackson » Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:19 pm

Whether or not and how easily you can separate the home/land package for resale depends on how you financed it. If you surrendered the title to the home to gain a better finance rate, you will have to work with the local tax office and the leinholder to regain a title and determine the amount left owing on the home alone if the loan is separated. The real question is . . . do you really want to? If $3,000 will fix whatever is wrong with the home, is that a better financial decision? Depending on the age and size of your home, requiring it to be moved upon sale so you can keep the land will have a tremendously negative effect on the stand-alone value of the home. The buyer has to pay to uninstall it, move it, and re-install it, plus pay for the home. Think about the numbers and make your decision factually, not emotionally.

Kim Patrick

Post by Kim Patrick » Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:25 pm

Hi, I bought this house in 1994 double wide (58x28) with three bedroom and live communitues park myself until I meet John in 1998 then we got married in 2000. My husband wish to sell home we try for 4 years nothing luck. Until we happen have a child born on 2002 and now we are expecting another one in Aug 2005. We are deaf and trying to find a way how to sell home and buy bigger home? Please give us a help idea. Thank you.

shelia stacy

Post by shelia stacy » Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:34 pm

looking for a mobile home /land bristol,bluff city/abingdon va.

David Oxhandler

Post by David Oxhandler » Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:07 am

Manufactured Housing Multiple Listing Servicehas emerged as the web's number one most popular destination for buyers searching for a manufactured home and the easiest place in the world to sell. The Multiple Listing Service includes listings BY OWNER, BY DEALER, BY BUILDER and BY FINANCE COMPANIES Thousands of manufactured housing shoppers from across the country browse through the MLS every week searching for the home of their choice. Listings are searchable by city, state, number of bedrooms and baths, manufacturer, year built and price. Each listing also auto-interfaces with Yahoo Maps. There is a MAP link included each listings individual page. Almost like magic, When clicked it will auto-generate a map of the location of the home for sale and the surrounding area. Click to go to The Manufactured Housing Multiple Listing Service NOW!