Water Meter Readings

An important on-line resource for Community Owners and Managers. Participants enhance their professional abilities by sharing valuable insights, tips and on the job experiences.
Marty

Water Meter Readings

Post by Marty » Sat Apr 03, 2004 10:23 pm

Does anyone know a water meter software package that an owner may purchase and use in a mobile home community? I want to discontinue the use of our service and handle this task independently.

Larry Johnson

Re: Water Meter Readings

Post by Larry Johnson » Fri Apr 16, 2004 10:39 am

We have the same issue in our community -- Ranchero Village in Largo, FL. I could not find anything suitable for water billing to our 964 homes so I am going to write a program in Access 2003 for that purpose. It will maintain the before and current readings, multiply usage by current water charges and print invoices for each home owner. For certain accounting programs, such as Peachtree, the data can be imported in CSV format so the accounting system and the water billing system agree. It should be ready in about three weeks. I don't expect it will take that long to write the program but if you're interested, I will let you know.

karyn

Post by karyn » Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:00 pm

Hi Larry,
I happened upon your post regarding software for meter reading. Do you have that currently available? Is it for sale or something that you would possibly share with me? Having a few problems with a long distance park & the high water bills there.
Thanks much,
Karyn

Larry Johnson

Post by Larry Johnson » Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:14 pm

Just came across your inquiry. I don't check this site very often as you can see.

The program has been in use now for 2 years. The cost would run about $350 customized to your billing name, address, users and reports. It is a network version that runs in Microsoft Access version 2000 or above.

If you interested in seeing how it works, just give me a call. 727-535-0105.