illegally charging residents a business rate on sewage!

An important on-line resource for Community Owners and Managers. Participants enhance their professional abilities by sharing valuable insights, tips and on the job experiences.
Brenda

Re: illegally charging residents a business rate on sewage!

Post by Brenda » Sat Mar 27, 2004 5:31 am

This is for you CHERYL,

You will never be happy, maybe you need to wake up and smell the roses and
be happy you are alive, i wish you luck in your future, Also look at how you spell
no one is perfect.

Have you put all this in writing to your landlord or community manager, have you
really tried to sit down and talk this out without being upset. We all have problems in our communities, some residents you can sit down and work things out, some you can't. Cheryl i manage a community with over 400 units, we charge water &
sewer to all our residents, the water is always less than what the sewer is, if we
raise our water or sewer rates we send out a 90 day notice to all of our residents
so if anyone has a concern they have ample time to come in and talk to us about
their problems on why they do not agree with the rates. Remember we charge
for water & sewer so there is no waste and each resident has their own meters
so they can track their readings if they like. We do not charge more than is
required by law.
Cheryl, just to let you know we charge $25.00 on the 6th day of the month that
site rent is past due plus $5.00 per day late no caps. So be happy you are
only charged $25.00 if you are late.
Like i said i hope you will be happy, some people just cannot live in a community
and must be on their own land. GOOD LUCK YOU WILL NEED IT.

Cheryl Lipay

Post by Cheryl Lipay » Sun Mar 28, 2004 12:51 pm

THIS MESSAGE IS FOR BRENDA:

I DO KNOW HOW TO SPELL - YOU NEED TO RE-READ MY MESSAGES. HAD YOU READ ALL THE MESSAGES YOU WOULD HAVE LEARNED THAT I TRIED TO TALK TO MY LANDLORD - SHE HAD IGNORED ME BECAUSE NO ONE EVER QUESTIONED HER BEFORE. I AM NOT OLD AND ELDERLY AND AM NOT AFRAID OF HER. THIS IS AN INDIVIDUAL WHO IS DETERMINED TO DO WHAT SHE WANTS - EVEN IF A TENANT PROVES THAT WHAT SHE IS DOING IS ILLEGAL?? THIS TO ME IS PURE STUPIDITY.

I NOW HAVE NOT ONE, BUT TWO ATTORNEYS WHO AGREE WITH ME 100% AND STRONGLY SUGGEST THAT I SUE (WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT I PLAN ON DOING). IN FACT, THE ONE ATTORNEY STRONGLY SUGGESTED THAT I MOVE BECAUSE OF HER ILLEGAL ACTIVITY. TRUST ME, IF I COULD, I WOULD MOVE TOMORROW. IT IS A QUESTION OF FINANCES - WHICH IS WHY THE REST ARE "AFRAID" TO SPEAK UP. I ALSO HAVE LISTED MY FIRST AND LAST NAME - WHY ARE ALL OF YOU "AFRAID" TO DO THE SAME?? I TELL IT LIKE IT IS - OPEN AND HONEST (WHICH IS EXTREMELY RARE IN THIS WORLD) AND I ALSO LOVE MYSELF ENOUGH TO FIGHT FOR MY RIGHTS (WHAT COUNTRY ARE WE LIVING IN.)

MY LANDLORD IS QUITE CAPABLE OF TAKING ADVANTAGE OF ELDERLY AND POOR INDIVIDUALS WHO CANNOT FIGHT FOR THEMSELVES ( IT APPEARS THAT SO ARE "OTHERS"). IT DOES NOT REQUIRE ANY BRAINS TO BE A BULLY! I AM NOT SURPRISED AT HOW MANY ("OWNERS" AND/OR "LANDLORDS") ARE SIDING WITH A LANDLORD WHO IS DEFINITELY RUNNING A BUSINESS ILLEGIALLY!!!!!!

YEARS AGO WHEN I RENTED A WHOLE HOUSE, I NEVER RECEIVED THE HORRIBLE TREATMENT FROM THAT LANDLORD - YET THIS LANDLORD SEEMS TO THINK THAT SHE NOT ONLY OWNS THE LAND, BUT THAT SHE OWNS MY MANUFACTURED HOME (YES, SHE STILL CALLS MY HOME A "TRAILER"!) AND THAT SHE ALSO OWNS ME (SHE CAN DO WHATEVER SHE WANTS - LIKE ILLEGIALLY CHARGING ADDITIONAL FEES EVEN WHEN I HAVE HAD AN ESTABLISHED LAWYER AGREE WITH ME).

BRENDA, YOU ARE JUST ANGRY BECAUSE I, AS A TENANT HAS USED THE BRAINS THAT GOD GAVE ME AND BECAUSE I (IF YOU READ ALL THE MESSAGES CAREFULLY) WILL WIN. ONCE AGAIN, THIS LANDLORD IS DOING SOMETHING ILLEGAL AND I DO INTEND TO FIGHT FOR MY RIGHTS -

YES BRENDA, GOOD TENANTS DO HAVE RIGHTS AND DO HAVE A RIGHT TO ASK QUESTIONS AND IF LANDLORDS CANNOT HANDLE THIS, THEN THEY NEED TO GET OUT OF THE BUSINESS.

WHAT COUNTRY IS THIS?????

IT IS NO WONDER WHY THERE ARE LAWYERS!! I LIVED IN THIS PARK FOR OVER FIVE YEARS, ALWAYS PAID MY LOT RENTAL FEE ON TIME - ALWAYS MAINTAINED MY LOT AND EVEN BROUGHT IN SEVERAL OTHER TENANTS BECAUSE THEY LIKED MY HOME!!

I HAVE BEEN WORKING SIX DAYS SO THAT I CAN MOVE (AND WILL NOT BE "STUCK") LIKE HUNDREDS OF INDIVIDUALS ARE IN THESE "WONDERFUL MOBILE HOME COMMUNITIES". MEANWHILE MY LANDLORD WORKS 4 HOURS PER DAY AND COMPLAINS HOW TIRED SHE IS. I SHOULD HAVE IT SO EASY. THIS LANDLORD HAD PREVIOUS TENENTAL WHO WERE FILTHY - THIS IS WHAT I HOPE SHE GETS IN THE FUTURE AFTER I MOVE OUT. THIS IS A LANDLORD WHO DOES NOT DESERVE GOOD TENANTS.

REMEMBER - WITHOUT TENANTS THERE WOULD NEVER BE PARKS!!

EVERYONE, HAVE A WONDERFUL LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!

ENJOY!!!!!!!!

Vivienne

Post by Vivienne » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:46 am

I think maybe you should just try and sell your mobile home and move into a appartment or get some fianance to move your mobile (it cann be done with not great credit, if thats your concern), you just don't suit the mobile home community life.

endless42

Post by endless42 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:12 pm

I have been reading the posts and I know first hand a community can save 30-40 percent if not 50 percent on the water usuage if they submeter. So think of if this way if there were no meters your rent would be 30 - 50 percent more than what it is. Also be glad you live in a manufactured home, utilities,taxes etc. are cheap compared to a stick build home on a private lot which everyone is losing these days because they over bought.

richard s

Post by richard s » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:46 pm

I wonder where Cheryl is now?