MHC Mangement Software

An important on-line resource for Community Owners and Managers. Participants enhance their professional abilities by sharing valuable insights, tips and on the job experiences.
Daniel Fortney

MHC Mangement Software

Post by Daniel Fortney » Fri Sep 27, 2002 2:37 pm

I've noticed a lot of hard copy forms that can be used in managing a MHC. Is there any software available?

Chrissy

Re: MHC Mangement Software

Post by Chrissy » Sat Sep 28, 2002 10:26 am

Absolutely! Software for management of manufactured home communities abounds! You can choose between pre-packaged information that comes as a "stand-alone" type of option, or, if your portfolio is large enough, you might want to invest the ASP (Application Software Provider) type of package which has enough customizations to make your head spin. Please provide me with your mailing address in a separate email and I'll send you for free a guide to help you through the maze of choosing what is right for you and comparing the options. One of the easiest to use, quickest to learn, and least expensive is provided by ManageAmerica. Their training is superb and their package includes the option for submeter readings and billings. To learn more about this program, call 800-616-3669. Thanks!

achal singh

Post by achal singh » Mon Oct 07, 2002 11:21 am

I want to know the way the performance is currently measured in MHC.

Chrissy

Post by Chrissy » Mon Oct 07, 2002 7:04 pm

Generally speaking, the performance of a community is measured in terms of financial growth. Because communities are income-based properties, and the value is primarily indicated by the amount of income they generate, a community that is performing well is generally one that is 96% or more economically occupied with less than 2% delinquencies and on budget for the curent fiscal period.

Dana Bain

Post by Dana Bain » Sat Dec 24, 2005 8:48 pm

Hi,
We are getting ready to start the manage america traingin Jam. 12. It states to go on to www.manageamerica.net to practice and get familiar with the programs. I have read the PDF that said what the training site is. Could you tell me what the actual training website is?
Dana

Chrissy Jackson

Post by Chrissy Jackson » Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:43 am

The training website is a hypothetical community with 15 homesites, 10 residents, and is created only to help you learn to navigate the ManageAmerica system. On the training website you can move someone in, move them out, take a pretend payment, add late fees . . . anything you do on the live site, you can do here with one of the pretend residents. Good luck! You'll love the system!

Dana Bain

Post by Dana Bain » Mon Dec 26, 2005 4:39 pm

I understand that, the problem is that everytime I type in the address:
www.manageamerica.net the supposed training site to practice on, is not available. i have tried typing in www.manageamerica.net, tried typing it without the www. and still nothing. That is my question, is how can I practice if i can't access the training website.
thank you for responding so quickly....
dana Bain

Chrissy Jackson

Post by Chrissy Jackson » Tue Dec 27, 2005 6:05 am

Nor could I get that link to work. Are you sure it is correct? Please get in touch with your supervisor or someone else at your company who has successfully visited the training site and confirm the URL.