Abandoned home

An important on-line resource for Community Owners and Managers. Participants enhance their professional abilities by sharing valuable insights, tips and on the job experiences.
Jeanie

Abandoned home

Post by Jeanie » Sat Mar 17, 2001 11:49 pm

What can I do about a home where the owners have just LEFT due to bankrupcy.
I manage a Community in Nebraska...do you know what the laws are here or how can I find out?
Right now I'm losing money every month with this home just sitting there.
Jeanie

Chrissy

RE: Abandoned home

Post by Chrissy » Sun Mar 18, 2001 9:28 am

Unfortunately, this scenario is played out all too often across the United States today where - for whatever reason - the community owner gets stuck "holding the bag." Each state has different procedures for handling abandoned homes, so my suggestion to you is to call either an attorney who is familiar with the landlord/tenant law in your state and additionally to call the Nebraska Manufactured Housing Association at 402-475-3675. For better safeguards against this happening to you again, visit my website at www.chrissy-jackson.com and look at the Solutions Packages I have put together. The package entitled "Operations Solutions." Included iun this package is an Abandoned Homes Checklist which will offer you several ways to help make an abandoned home easier to deal with in the future, and hopefully to help you prevent having any more.