Sale by Owner "As Is??"

An important on-line resource for Community Owners and Managers. Participants enhance their professional abilities by sharing valuable insights, tips and on the job experiences.
Kim M.

Sale by Owner "As Is??"

Post by Kim M. » Thu Mar 01, 2001 1:44 pm

I wrote in another part of this website, but when I clicked on "Post" nothing happened. Didn't say anything to indicate it was received, so I'll post here and hope for the best.

In a nutshell, our mobile home was listed with a realtor and in about a month it sold (unfortunately buyers fell out of escrow - two times)!!! Now we want to sell on our own "By Owner" but something in our old contract (our financial office said to use old contract as guide) said we couldn't sell "as is" without a realtor! WHY? What does this mean? That doesn't make sense. Things that were negotiable before between buyer and seller now have to be fixed/corrected before we sell??????? HELP!

Thanks for a prompt response, we are trying to time this right so we can be sure of where our 7 year old will go to school!

Thanks again, Kim :)

Chrissy

RE: Sale by Owner "As Is??"

Post by Chrissy » Thu Mar 01, 2001 9:19 pm

There is no nationally recognized reason for a realtor to sell your home, nor is there a federal law that requires it - unless your home is on private property, or in a subdivision where you are selling land and home together. if your home is in a community, any law that says that a realtor must be involved is a state statute, such as in some states where anyone who sells manufactured housing must hold a real estate license, even if the home goes into a community on leased land. if your home is in a community, my suggestion would be to call your state association and ask for clarification of this particular clause in your contract. if your home is where you are selling land and home together, you must have a licensed real estate agent because real estate is involved. Good luck. Hope this helps.