Manufactured home community value

An important on-line resource for Community Owners and Managers. Participants enhance their professional abilities by sharing valuable insights, tips and on the job experiences.
Frank

Manufactured home community value

Post by Frank » Tue Feb 06, 2001 5:12 pm

Looking fo a formula to find out the value of a 70space park. I know I saw something in a trade magazine or on the internet that helps you come upwith a value. Would appreciate any information you could give to me.

Thanks

Chrissy

RE: Manufactured home community value

Post by Chrissy » Wed Feb 07, 2001 6:06 pm

There are several ways to set a value on a community, and I teach them all in the MHEI Accredited Community Manager courses that I give. I'd love to have you in a class for all the extra benefits, but to answer your question, yes, there is a relatively easy way. Of course, there are lots of variables that will change the end number, however - here's a basic formula. Multiply the annualized rent by 6.5 and that should be in the ball park for a value. If there are a lot of rental homes which are community owned, decrease the amount considerably if the annualized rent includes home rental as well as site rental. If it is an older community, multiply by 5 rather thana 6.5. That should at least put you in the ball park. For a more comprehensive answer, if attending a class is not for you, I'd be glad to work with you on a private basis as an advisor. Good luck!

Jodi Adriano

RE: Manufactured home community value

Post by Jodi Adriano » Thu Oct 25, 2001 11:35 am

Where do I find the community management magazine or anything similar to this type of reading material? Preferably in the Arkansas, Missouri, Tennessee, Nevada areas.