How to list home for sale to be moved?

The Art & Science of marketing Manufactured Homes. Retailers, sales people community operators and managers share experiences.
oregondiver

How to list home for sale to be moved?

Post by oregondiver » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:57 am

Right now, it is all speculation...but as the "researching" daughter I was tasked with finding out. :)

My folks own a 1990 double wide 4br/2ba MH on 2 acres. My dad died a few months ago, and my mother would like to eventually have a "real" house to live in on their property.

So... how would I go about finding a website where I can give her ideas of what she can ask for the home? Or a website that she would use to sell it? She would need the MH taken from the property since she will be having a "mother sized" house built for her.

We are more than happy to use a realtor since I have had great experiences selling and buying new house with my current realtor, but in a different town. So do realtors handle transactions like a MH that would need to be moved to a new location?

Thanks for any info!

David Oxhandler

Re: How to list home for sale to be moved?

Post by David Oxhandler » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:54 pm

If you want to get the highest price try to sell the home yourself. The best place to list it on the internet is the Manufactured Housing MULTIPLE LISTING Service. The cost is a flat $39.95 for your home to be listed as long as it takes to sell... (what a deal!) Contact local licensed manufactured home installers and get prices to relocate the home as this will be a huge concern for anyone considering buying it. Select 2 or 3 to recommend to your potential buyers to assist them in their decision to purchase the home

If you are looking for professional help most real-estate agents will be useless Real estate folks sell land... sometimes there is a home attached. For a manufactured home you would do better to find a local dealer that you are comfortable with, who has the experience to arrange for the home to be relocated.

Check out our Guidelines for Selling Your Manufactured Home OnLine
David Oxhandler
[email protected]