Should I stage my home for selling?

The Art & Science of marketing Manufactured Homes. Retailers, sales people community operators and managers share experiences.
Littlekitty78

Should I stage my home for selling?

Post by Littlekitty78 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:01 am

Hello,

I live in a big mobile home park in Stafford, VA where there is 500 to 1,000 tenants. There is atleast 3 to 5 homes for sell on every block. I want to sell my 1991 fleetwood, 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom home to buy a house soon. I was wondering if I should bother staging my home like if it were a 200K house and if it matters. I have repainted the outside, re-painted our deck, plan on replacing the stove, and started to pack up some stuff. I just wonder if the effort to stage the home is worth it for a small dollar home compared to a 200K house.

rmurray

Re: Should I stage my home for selling?

Post by rmurray » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:16 pm

I assume you hope for TOP market price in a reasonable time frame...This IS a home..used home buyers do not want to pay top price and immediately have to spend money to live in the home...I would at least continue what you have started and make sure the home looks perfect to the potential buyer..Clean and uncluttered seem to be important..Fresh paint walls and ceiling.Maybe inexpensive new carpet.go ahead and replace the stove...Make it something you would want to buy more then the others in your park..GO for it..Good Luck

Littlekitty78

Post by Littlekitty78 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:09 am

Thanks for the advice

David Oxhandler

Post by David Oxhandler » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:36 pm

For more thoughts on this see the following from our article archive:

Staging Homes for Top-Dollar Sales

Selling Manufactured Homes in a Hesitant Market

Creating 1st Impressions to the 10th Power
David Oxhandler