I'm getting into the modular home sales business - Exp. pros I would love your feedback

The Art & Science of marketing Manufactured Homes. Retailers, sales people community operators and managers share experiences.
LD1Robinson

I'm getting into the modular home sales business - Exp. pros I would love your feedback

Post by LD1Robinson » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:42 pm

Hello:

I have been in sales and marketing for 11 years now but after a 4 yr stretch of self employed consulting work I am really looking forward to getting back into a structured sales team environment. I responded to an ad that stated something along the lines of "Earn 80K per in modular home sales". I know the good salespeople would probably say that is a very reachable goal year two but 50 to 60 for a go-getter with skills is more realistic the first year. The reason for this post is I would like feedback from some of you that are in the business and know what it takes to be successful. First off, for me I plan to keep my mouth shut and my ears open and learn as much as I can about the industry and learn as much as I can from the salespeople that are having success.
I would love any advice on what to look for, what to look out for, and basically just anything that you have learned over the years that would help someone that has set very big goals but plans on being the "quiet one" that comes in and does his talking with his monthly production and not just a bunch of lip service.
I really look forward to your replies. Have an awesome day everyone!

LD

David Oxhandler

Re: I'm getting into the modular home sales business - Exp. pros I would love your feedback

Post by David Oxhandler » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:54 pm

You have selected a rough time to get into any housing business... but that said there is no time like the present to start on a better future.

Here are a few things you can read to get rolling.

1 - Get a free subscription to the Journal of Manufactured Housing at http://www.journalmfdhousing.com/form.html

2- Get a free subscription to Manufactured Housing UPDATE at http://mfdhousing.com/update

3 - See the free excerpts from the great volume "The Modular Home Book" at http://mfdhousing.com/modular_book/ or purchase the book here https://ssl.xpr.com/mfdhousing/mfdcart/ ... sid=551171

4- Get John Grissim's 2 Books ...your prospects will be reading them.... there is a good discount if you buy them together - https://ssl.xpr.com/mfdhousing/mfdcart/ ... sid=551171

A few recent items from our features

The Complete Guide To Selling New Homes -Break out of the box! - Thu 06/21/07 10:16:34 pm A step by step strategy that is guaranteed to improve your sales process. Generate more traffic to model homes while learning valuable information that will impact your business...give you the competitive edge in overcoming objections and closing the sale, screening and qualifying, question selling model merchandising and advertising..
You Have to SELL a House to Get it Sold - William Bronchick - Wed 10/31/07 06:01:56 pm What amazes me is that most sellers don't sell their houses. They advertise houses, they list houses, but they don't SELL houses. In a good market you can rest on your laurels, but in a soft market you have to be willing to do something different. Stop whining about the slow market and start SELLING your houses!There's 5 tips for selling a house faster in a... Do You Want to Sell More Manufactured Homes ? - Your prospects ARE buying this book. - Sat 10/13/07 11:18:56 am What would it be worth to you to give your sales team, even veteran pros, valuable insights into the industry found nowhere else.. warns your potential buyers what to look for in retailers, sales people and the product. If you will just stop doing what Grissim has rightfully identified as rather dubious or suspicious behavior, you will absolutely sell more homes....... http://mfdhousing.com/bulkguide.php   Guidelines for Selling Your Manufactured Home OnLine-Make Your Listing Stand Out - Tue 06/26/07 05:15:34 pm Participation in the Manufactured Housing Multiple Listing Service is for the sole purpose of SELLING HOMES! The low one time fee on FSBO listings and no cost listings for MH business participants represents a great opportunity for sellers who will take the time to create quality listings. We want every listing to inspire a sale! Remember your goal is to SELL HOMES, not just get your inventory lis...
David Oxhandler
[email protected]

LD1Robinson

Re: I'm getting into the modular home sales business - Exp. pros I would love your feedback

Post by LD1Robinson » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:46 am

David,

Thank you for your straight forward response and this valuable information. I appreciate it.

LD

Robinette

Post by Robinette » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:41 am

I have been working for a Mobile Home Park for approximately 10 months here in Phoenix Arizona and part of my job is "showing" mobile homes. When first hired I was told I would be getting a "sales license" but after 10 months my manager (who I believe is licensed but wont share any information about licensure) is putting me off. I need to know if a sales license is required in Arizona to "show" mobile homes and if so, what is the exact name of the licensure I need and where do I get one?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated!

David Oxhandler

Post by David Oxhandler » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:49 pm

For the best source of information contact

Arizona Manufactured Housing Association
4525 S. Lakeshore Dr., Suite 105
Tempe, AZ 85282-7047
e-mail - [email protected]
Phone: (480) 456-6530 Fax: (480) 456-6529
David Oxhandler
[email protected]

rmurray

Post by rmurray » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:52 pm

YES all salespersons MUST be licensed..Here is a direct link to the web page that addresses exactly that.

http://www.dfbls.az.gov/omh/licensing/salesperson.aspx

rmurray

Post by rmurray » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:01 pm

I would be a little concerned about your bosses reluctance to discuss his license..Most states would REQUIRE the license be posted in some public part of the office..Your dealer will have to sign your application for a license with the state..The application does not look too bad. There does not seem to be an education requirement like most real estate and insurance licenses require..