Title?

The Art & Science of marketing Manufactured Homes. Retailers, sales people community operators and managers share experiences.
withbellson

Title?

Post by withbellson » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:05 pm

We have sold our MH and the buyers are arranging the transportation to remove it from our property. Any idea if I need to give the buyers any paperwork showing that the home has no liens? All I have is the Certificate of Origin that the previous owners (friends of his) gave to my husband when he bought the property. It does list a lien on the back, but the bank no longer exists (possibly bought by a larger bank?). The property has been re-financed twice with no mention of a title or deed for the mobile home. I know that our bank has no lien on the trailer - they are insisting that the trailer be removed before the final disbursement of the construction loan. Where should I start? Do the buyers need anything from us before the move the trailer from our property?

rmurray

Re: Title?

Post by rmurray » Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:26 pm

If you sell a home..YOU are obligated to produce a title without a lien....You should talk to your local title office about the proper procedure....The MSO that you have was the original ownership documents produced by the manufacturer when it went to the dealer...The bank on the back probably was the bank loaning the dealer money when he bought it...This MSO will require a dealer signature and dealer license number..All might well already be on it..Your state will tell you if you need a release from the bank mentioned on it...Even if the bank did go out of business...the debt did not go away...The bank that bought the assets would now be the lien holder...

Good Luck..your title office will help you...

mingasmother

Post by mingasmother » Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:17 pm

I am renting an older mobile home in Massachusetts. Its not a bad place to live but I am having a little bit of trouble with my landlord's son. I pay his mother yet at times he claims he is the landlord, other times he says his mother is. I would like to obtain a copy of the title so I can show him I KNOW the landlord is actually his mother and get him off my back! Where and how do I look up who is actually the leagl owner of my mobile??

rmurray

Post by rmurray » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:52 pm

The first place to check is the government office you would get a car title at. Ask them the procedure to do a title check..The tax collectors office in your area has ownership records as well..

Next time he claims ownership tell him to fix something that needs repair..Until he does do not talk to him..

BigMack21

Post by BigMack21 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:45 am

Thanks for the helpful information everyone! It is always great to browse around to see you own questions already being asked and answered :)