selling/financing a manufactured duplex

The Art & Science of marketing Manufactured Homes. Retailers, sales people community operators and managers share experiences.
Eric

selling/financing a manufactured duplex

Post by Eric » Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:14 pm

I have owned a manufactured duplex for the past five years in Sonoma County in Northern Calif. (Home is on a concrete foundation and, has never moved since 20 yrs ago when they set it there.) I recently put the property on the market, and have had noting but problems. I am having absolultey NO LUCK in finding any sort of "convertible financing" when I go into escrow (which the very desireable property has been in at least twice). I'm told Fannie Mae no longer "backs the loan". My realtor has shaken the bushes and all lenders he usually deals with are stumped as to who would fund the laon. Does anyone know anything about this?? I refuse to believe that what was thought of as a major assets has now become "unsellable".

I appreciate any words of wisdom anyone may have. Thanks.

Chelle

Re: selling/financing a manufactured duplex

Post by Chelle » Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:16 pm

Hello Eric,

A lot of lenders are now removing their manufactured home loan programs.
Although there are still some lenders who offer financing for manufactured homes.
Send me an email if you want to discuss.

Best,
chelle

Eric

Post by Eric » Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:31 pm

I sent you an email.
Thanks for any insights you may have.
Eric

Jacki

Post by Jacki » Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:02 pm

Hi, I live in the Florida Keys and we have a 1968 mobile home still on wheels, but it has a concrete foundation addition on it. We own the land it is on. We would like to sell it and we have heard from local realtors that any buyer might not be able to get financing. Do you know of any mortgage companies that finance older mobiles.

Thanks for any info you might have

Jacki

annette camacho

Post by annette camacho » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:46 am

Hi Eric,

Did you have any luck in finding anyone who finances a modular home. if you could you forward me the info.

Thanks