Wholesale New Dealer

The Art & Science of marketing Manufactured Homes. Retailers, sales people community operators and managers share experiences.
Dale Osborn

Wholesale New Dealer

Post by Dale Osborn » Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:56 pm

I am looking to purchase 10 new SW homes to fill up some vacant sites in our MHC. Anyone know of a wholesale source for new homes??
Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Dale

Charlie Taylor

Re: Wholesale New Dealer

Post by Charlie Taylor » Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:45 pm

Dale,

Where are you located? Do you have a preference for a certain size homes? I am a dealer in middle tennessee and have made some sales like this before and possibly would be interested in helping you.
You would need to be able to pay for these home upon placing the order and have a licensed set up crew to set them.
Charlie taylor

Ginny

Post by Ginny » Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:28 pm

Here's one we used, and we live in California... after going up and down hwy 99 , and towards the bayarea to look for good deals... i called Quality Wholesale Homes out of St. George , Utah.. Ask for Mark Gibson.. he was fantastic to work with !!!! We have a beautiful home now that came out of Woodland, Washington. Can't say enough someone that I don't even really know... !! He was very patient, our home was a difficult one.. but we are pleased with the execelent service we had , and the Price !! .. Good-Luck... Ginny/ California

Mitch

Post by Mitch » Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:48 pm

I was dealer in Illinois for several years. You need to find a manufacturer, not a retailer. When purchasing 10 homes, especially for resale, manufacturers will view you as a dealer and not a retail customer. Factories sell their homes to a dealer network and you need to find a factory who does not currently have a stocking dealer in your area. Some manufacturers are prostitutes who will sell to anyone, but later you could have problems getting warranty work done.
You might contact manufacturers via phone and ask about "open units". The factory built homes to keep the workers busy or to use up outdated materials and are unsold to dealers. If they are tight on space or have stocked them for awhile, they should be open to offers BELOW WHOLESALE. Warranty is honored, but if you are handy, this is negotiable.
I would look into REPO homes first. Depends on how much leg work you want to do. You will be responsible for looking at the home, tear down, moving, set-up, fixing any damage due to transport. BUT, you could save thousands. Contact the lenders. Any dealer in your area will tell you who they use. They are very negotiable if purchasing 10 homes at once.
Final note : Unless you are a dealer purchasing for resale, the factory warranty will be void the minute you sell it to your tenant (or rent it).