Need Financing for '90 Single Wide on Land

The Art & Science of marketing Manufactured Homes. Retailers, sales people community operators and managers share experiences.
Theresa Walker

Need Financing for '90 Single Wide on Land

Post by Theresa Walker » Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:35 pm

I think I may have posted this already but in the wrong place so I'll put it here too. I have a 1990 single wide on 1/3 acre of my land which also has a nice double garage. I'm looking to refinance for debt consolidation and to make some improvements. I can't go FHA as it doesn't have a foundation that meets their requirements. My current rate is 10.5% and I don't want to pay more than that. I already struck out with one broker as he kept trying to go FHA which I told him it would not pass. So I just went through all the paperwork, etc. and have come up with nothing (weeks of time wasted). I have great credit and all the loan information/documentation ready to go. Can anyone give me the name(s) of lenders I can work with to quickly get this done? I want to get improvements done before the Holidays! Your assistance will be greatly appreciated. Thx, TW

Janyne

Re: Need Financing for '90 Single Wide on Land

Post by Janyne » Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:37 pm

Teresa,

Where is your land and home located? Thank you

Ann Marie

Post by Ann Marie » Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:30 am

Your biggest problem is going to be getting comparable sales using singlewides for the appraisal. There are a few large (nationwide) lenders that will still do them- as well as locals. In terms of conventional loans, lenders won't entertain them except in a community, PUD or very occassionally condominium project, and they generally want FHA to guarantee them, which means additional structural foundation requirements.

David Oxhandler

Post by David Oxhandler » Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:22 pm

Finding the right lender or even getting Quotes from Multiple Lenders is easy online Use the MH LOAN FINDER. Answer a few basic questions and click the "Submit" button. You'll be matched with lenders and brokers who meet your exact financing needs. All Loan Types Available: Purchase, Refinance, Home Equity, Home Improvement, Debt Consolidation, Cash-out, FHA/VA, and Even Land/Home Construction Loans. What's more, the MH Loan Finder Service is easy to use, and it costs nothing to participate. Just take a few minutes now to complete the short questionnaire on this page. Then, based on what you tell us, our lenders can find a loan that matches your needs. Within just 24 hours, your request for loan information can be answered by several participating manufactured housing finance companies.

Troy Robinson

Post by Troy Robinson » Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:48 pm

How did you make out?
I'm in the same situation!

Thanks ahead of time