Procedure for Sale of Mobile Home by Owner

The Art & Science of marketing Manufactured Homes. Retailers, sales people community operators and managers share experiences.
Gordon Sanders

Procedure for Sale of Mobile Home by Owner

Post by Gordon Sanders » Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:07 pm

I own a 1983 model Fleetwood (14X66 feet excluding hitch). I have lived in it since February, 1984. The inside is still in pretty good shape; however, the outside is in bad need of new siding and maybe new skirting. I have no experience in selling mobile homes. What I need to know is what documents and paperwork are required to sell a mobile home in Texas and how do I obtain the necessary forms? I have no idea what the value of a mobile home this old is and would appreciate any help anyone could give me on pricing it for a quick sale.

Thank You,
Gordon Sanders

David Oxhandler

Re: Procedure for Sale of Mobile Home by Owner

Post by David Oxhandler » Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:13 pm

If you want to make a faster sale of your home.... Ads For Sale By Owner are only $29.95. This one time fee puts your home on the worlds most visited Manufactured housing web site until it is sold.

Thousands of manufactured housing shoppers from across the country browse through the MLS every week searching for the home of their choice. Listings are searchable by city, state, number of bedrooms and baths, manufacturer, year built and price. Each listing also auto-interfaces with Yahoo Maps. There is a MAP link included each listings individual page. Almost like magic, When clicked it will auto-generate a map of the location of the home for sale and the surrounding area.

Sellers can easily upload as many as 5 photos of their home.
When you sell your home there is NO SALES COMMISSION.
Thousands of people can see your ad it is available 24/7 .
Online Changes are FREE.
There is no charge to edit your ad text or photos at any time.
There is NO TIME LIMIT on your listing and no re-listing fees.
Your home stays on line for as long as long as it takes to sell.
All this for a one time listing fee of only $29.95!

To list your home CLICK HERE and set up a user account. Its Easy and takes less than five minuets.

Pam

Post by Pam » Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:14 pm

I would look around at what other mobile homes in the area are selling for and the condition of these. I sold an older singlewide several years ago for more than I originally paid for it. However, it was nice inside and out. I had spent funds to maintain and actually improve the home, however.

You might also ask what the "book" value is for the home. I don't know what the actual name of this document is though.

You might also want to check with a real estate agent for value(some agents do carry manufactured housing) or ask for an appraisal to find out the actual selling price based on all the parameters of location, age, condition, etc.

David Oxhandler

Post by David Oxhandler » Thu May 12, 2005 8:02 am

You can get a BOOK VALUE REPORT online at www.MobileHome.com/bookvalue

This service will give you a very economical evaluation of your home based on the information you submit. What you will get back is the typical resale value of that year make and size home across the country for the past few months.

This is not a full appraisal . The reports address possibilities that include the manufactured home ONLY. No appraisal, evaluation or consideration of land value, location, or local market conditions are included and those factors could greatly effect the real market value of your manufactured home. If you need the FULL PICTURE contact an Appraiser who is certified in Manufactured Housing Valuation for a written professional opinion prior to making any decisions that relate to buying selling or financing a previously owned manufactured home.

If your looking for a "ballpark" concept of the value of just the home you will find the cost of the Book Value Report very reasonable. To go to the MH BOOK VALUE page Click Here