LAND/HOME MORTGAGE FOR A DOUBLEWIDE HOME THAT HAS BEEN MOVED

The Art & Science of marketing Manufactured Homes. Retailers, sales people community operators and managers share experiences.
Bill Fortney

LAND/HOME MORTGAGE FOR A DOUBLEWIDE HOME THAT HAS BEEN MOVED

Post by Bill Fortney » Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:03 pm

DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A MORTGAGE COMPANY THAT WILL FINANCE LAND AND A LATE MODEL DOUBLEWIDE JUST LIKE NEW THAT HAS BEEN MOVED IN THE STATE OF TEXAS?

David Oxhandler

Re: LAND/HOME MORTGAGE FOR A DOUBLEWIDE HOME THAT HAS BEEN MOVED

Post by David Oxhandler » Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:34 pm

Try ManufacturedHomeLender.com they match manufactured housing lenders and borrowers

rmurray

Post by rmurray » Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:32 am

Almost every lender offers conventional finance...The no home that has been moved rule is an FHA rule...Check with mortage companies about conventional lending..Downpayments will be slightly larger and crdit requirements slightly tougher..There are lenders represented here that offer this type of finance..

Lauren Summers

Post by Lauren Summers » Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:40 pm

I don't know if American General Finance is in Texas, but I have been told that they will finance a manufactured home that has been moved.

E. J. Bermudez

Post by E. J. Bermudez » Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:49 pm

Yes we can. FHA does not allow a home that has been moved to qualify for HUD insured financing, however Conventional Loan Products can be used. It may be harder to get the customer to qualify, but recently Fannie Mae reduced the down payment requirement on 30 year loans to 5% (it was previously increased to 10%). Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.

B. Russell

Post by B. Russell » Sun May 22, 2005 9:07 pm

In reference to E. J. Bermudez, Can you help me get financing to put a 91 single wide, 3 bed, 2 bath, Century mobile on a piece of property? I want to finance the land, I can pay to move it.

Byron Shaw

Post by Byron Shaw » Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:35 pm

Does anyone have information about obtaining a conventional type loan for a manufactured home.

Theresa Walker

Post by Theresa Walker » Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:31 pm

I have a 1990 single wide on 1/3 acre of my land which also has a nice double garage. I'm looking to refinance for debt consolidation and to make some improvements. I can't go FHA as it doesn't have a foundation that meets their requirements. My current rate is 10.5% and I don't want to pay more than that. I already struck out with one broker as he kept trying to go FHA which I told him it would not pass. So I just went through all the paperwork, etc. and have come up with nothing (weeks of time wasted). I have great credit and all the loan information/documentation ready to go. Can anyone give me the name(s) of lenders I can work with to quickly get this done? I want to get improvements done before the Holidays! Your assistance will be greatly appreciated. Thx, TW

e maty

need help with financing

Post by e maty » Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:54 pm

if anyone knows of a lender that will finance someone with bad credit i would be eternally grateful. im currently on a land contract that i can get out of. i want to move but cant get financed. i havent missed a payment for three straight years and have been at my job for four years. my interest rate should be against the law. any suggestions would be greatly appeciated.

Wally Dickey

Re: need help with financing

Post by Wally Dickey » Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:39 pm

Did you ever get your financing?