SELLING WITHOUT A LICENSE....

The Art & Science of marketing Manufactured Homes. Retailers, sales people community operators and managers share experiences.
Cindy

SELLING WITHOUT A LICENSE....

Post by Cindy » Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:33 pm

I have been a mobile home dealer for many years in California. In recent months I have noticed a dramatic increase in unlicensed people buying and selling mobile homes in my area. Many of these people are averaging 2 or 3 transactions monthly. I'm aware of the regulatory abilities of the Dept. of Housing for delaers who are already licensed, however I'm under the assumption they do not regulate unlicensed persons. If this is the case, would anyone know what regulatory agency these people should be reported to? Why should these people get away with this when we (dealers) go through, not only the licensing requirements, but the month after month high cost of doing business? I've truly had enough and intend to pursue complaints against these people immediately.
Thanks!

David Oxhandler

Re: SELLING WITHOUT A LICENSE....

Post by David Oxhandler » Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:45 pm

Talk to the folks that you pay each year for you license.

Janyne

Re: SELLING WITHOUT A LICENSE....

Post by Janyne » Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:16 pm

Cindy,
I own a Manufactured Home Center in the state of Indiana and we have what is called IMHA....Indiana Manufactured Home Association that would look into something like this if it was in my area....does your state have one?