Selling without land

The Art & Science of marketing Manufactured Homes. Retailers, sales people community operators and managers share experiences.
Anna Shirkey

Selling without land

Post by Anna Shirkey » Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:34 pm

I need to sell my 2001 Cavco double wide which I paid 77,000 for at a loss and have it hauled away. I do not own the land the home is on, I have had a falling out with the land owners who were allowing me to keep the house on their five acre lot for free. Now I need to srite off my losses and get rid of the home. Does anyone have experience with this sort of thing, or know who I would approach to purchase the home from me? It is in perfect condition - but I cannot continue to live in it.

Any point of reference would be really great for me, as I don't know where to begin.

Thanks!

David Oxhandler

Re: Selling without land

Post by David Oxhandler » Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:08 pm

Start by letting the world know that you want to sell that home in perfect condition. The best way we can help is to tell you list your home on The Manufactured Housing Multiple Listing Service. The MHMLS has emerged as the web's number one most popular destination for buyers searching for a manufactured home and the easiest place in the world to sell. The Multiple Listing Service includes listings BY OWNER, BY DEALER, BY BUILDER and BY FINANCE COMPANIES Thousands of manufactured housing shoppers from across the country browse through the MLS every day searching for the home of their choice. Listings are searchable by city, state, number of bedrooms and baths, manufacturer, year built and price. Each listing also auto-interfaces with Yahoo Maps. There is a MAP link included each listings individual page. Almost like magic, When clicked it will auto-generate a map of the location of the home for sale and the surrounding area. Sellers can easily upload as many as 5 photos of the interior and exterior of their home(s). When you sell your home on the MH MLS there is NO SALES COMMISSION. Thousands of people can see your ad it is available 24/7 . Online Changes are FREE. There is no charge to edit your ad text or photos at any time. There is NO TIME LIMIT on your listing and no re-listing fees. Your home stays on line for as long as long as it takes to sell. All this for a one time listing fee of only $29.95! It is very easy to put your homes on line. Go to http://mfdhousing.com/portal/fsbo/user_signup.php and set up a user account. It takes less than five minuets.

Jim Chesky

Post by Jim Chesky » Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:01 am

Depending on how big of a loss you are willing to take, check with the local MH dealers. In our area, we would be able to handle this. Remember, there is a lot of costs in moving a sectional home.

K Jenkins

Post by K Jenkins » Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:39 pm

I am in the same boat here in WV. I have had my home advertised on the Manufactured Housing MLS for months and no serious bites. I am relocating to North Carolina. It is too expensive to move the home. Its a 1999 32x80. Its beautiful but I can't take it with me. Any ideas anyone?

David Oxhandler

Post by David Oxhandler » Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:46 pm

I looked at your listing and from what I could see on the web page, this looks like a big, good looking home at a great price!
There are dozens of thing you can do to try to promote a sale for this home here are the first 2 things I would try.
I would start by posting some better looking photos. Homes listed on the MLS with great looking photos are getting thousands of hits a week and selling very quickly. The lead photo on the top shows the rear door side of the home flat on. From that angle it looks like a single wide instead of the HUGE wide home it is. The Photo of the front is thru the trees and you cant really see much. Try shooting the home form all different angles, till you find one that really shows it off.
Much of the rest of the information makes the home sound very desirable BUT you start the description of the home by saying "NEEDS TO BE MOVED" You are starting you ad with a negative statement that will scare some potential buyers. Many potential buyers wont have a clue as to what to do to move a home and so will not consider your great offering.
Make the home easy to buy and you will sell the home faster. Find out what it will cost to move it and reinstall it with in 50 miles of were it now sits and include that in your price.
Let us know how these suggestions effect your responses from the MLS ad. If these don’t turn the heat up a bit come on back and we can talk about some additional sales strategies.

K Jenkins

Post by K Jenkins » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:17 am

Okay. I'll try to get some better pictures though we're surrounded by trees which cast shadows. But I'll keep on trying.

I'll try to contact movers though most will not even return the calls.

Thanks for the suggestions and I'll see what I can do to make the ad better.

julie crandall

LOANS

Post by julie crandall » Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:09 pm

DAVID,
BILL AND I CAME TO SEE YOU AT YOUR PARK A YEAR AND A HALF AGO. SINCE THEN, WE BOUGHT A MHP NEAR US.
WE HAVE SPENT THE PAST YEAR REMODELING THE PARK AND INSTALLING NEWER HOMES AND REMOVING THE OLD ONES.
WE HAVE POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS, BUT DO NOT WANT TO BE THE BANK.
DO YOU KNOW OF ANYONE THAT WILL LOAN THEM MONEY WITH A SMALL INCOME AND QUESTIONABLE (I IMAGINE) CREDIT?
I HOPE YOUR WEB SITE IS GOING GREAT GUNS AND YOU FOUND A GOOD BUYER FOR YOUR PARK.
THANK YOU,
JULIE

David Oxhandler

Re: LOANS

Post by David Oxhandler » Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:03 pm

Julie -

Check out the new www.MobileHomeNotes.com. They will teach you haow to perfect owner financed notes and then assist you in selling them on the secondary market. This is the future of financing for pre-owned manufactured homes.

Janyne

Re: LOANS

Post by Janyne » Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:27 pm

You can run an ad in your local paper and you probably will receive some calls on it....you will need to also look in your local phonebook for contractors who can tear down the home and transport it off of the property, but I would make the buyer responsible for this