Employment in Sales

The Art & Science of marketing Manufactured Homes. Retailers, sales people community operators and managers share experiences.
Michael Osborne

Employment in Sales

Post by Michael Osborne » Sun Dec 05, 2004 6:33 am

I lived in the Northern part of Georgia. I have always been in sales and would like to sell MFD homes. I have talk to a few dealers. Does anybody have some tips and idea's on the best way to get into the MFD business.

rmurray

Re: Employment in Sales

Post by rmurray » Sun Dec 05, 2004 8:00 am

For a complete beginner...It would be smart to start your career with one of the large corporate manufacturers that have retail...

All of them have some organized training which will be necessary to get you up to speed..If after the training (which will take about 12 months while selling) you decide to move on..you will be ready for any manufactured home store..independent or corporate..

In North GA..there are Palm Harbor, Fleetwood and Champion owned stores...If you are close to TN..there are the Clayton owned stores..All have some sort of trainig system..each sell a different part of the market..

I would not recommend starting out at a small indepedent dealership..they have hardly any training and this can be a very tough business for those folks..

David Oxhandler

Re: Employment in Sales

Post by David Oxhandler » Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:24 pm

If you have been in sales for a long time or just starting take a look at The Complete Guide To Selling New Homes You will gain a step by step strategy, guaranteed to improve your sales process. Generate more traffic to model homes while learning valuable information that will impact your business. This book offers the sales tools that will give you the competive edge in overcoming objections and closing the sale, screening and qualifying, question selling, model merchandising and advertising. The Complete Guide To Selling New Homes is an encyclopedia of new home selling information. If you sell new homes this book is a must read.