Value of a 98, to be moved?

The Art & Science of marketing Manufactured Homes. Retailers, sales people community operators and managers share experiences.
Kay

Value of a 98, to be moved?

Post by Kay » Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:30 am

Does any one have suggestions as to how best determine the money I might be able to get from selling my 98 triple wide home....moved from here. I wish to build a home on the same site.

It was purchased for $70,000 in 1998-99.

Thank you for your thoughts,
Kay

rmurray

Re: Value of a 98, to be moved?

Post by rmurray » Sun Sep 26, 2004 6:01 am

The true value of a home is in the location...You must have much more money than most of us have..you are about to give away many tens of thousands of real equity...Oh well..

Please..do not go around telling folks that manufactured homes lose money..If this home was treated like any other home and sold as a package in place you would have made lots of appreciation..

Now to your question...like other types of homes sold to be moved this home loses all of it real appeal...for quick sale, cash wholesale..you will be lucky to get $10K...Dealer who would buy this home will be skeptical of having to pay for 2 moves.....

If you can find a buyer with cash...they might be willing to pay about $30K to $40K plus moving cost...but these buyers are few and far between..it might take a while to find them...

If this land is not in a family grouping..you should consider selling the package and building..maybe near by..on another location...Your pocket book will be much happier...

Of course this is all assuming the home is in good shape..You have not mentioned what kind of home..or what is in the home..all of these things will have lots to do with value...