Beautiful Doublewide - Sales Question

The Art & Science of marketing Manufactured Homes. Retailers, sales people community operators and managers share experiences.
Karen Jenkins

Beautiful Doublewide - Sales Question

Post by Karen Jenkins » Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:27 am

I have a beautiful doublewide that I need to sell and it must be moved from the current location. I have it advertised here and on a couple of other internet sites. My question is: are there any other recommendations for selling this? It is a 4 BR, 3 BA home.

We are going to be moving and we need to sell it.

Any marketing suggestions?

Also do you know where we can go to get a free idea of the value? It was appraised in 2000 at 85K.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

rmurray

Re: Beautiful Doublewide - Sales Question

Post by rmurray » Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:02 am

Selling a high quality home to be moved is a very hard task...Most customers buying this type of home do not want to mess with all the trouble of arranging for a move..

I might get a few crews estimates on moving costs and make that part of the selling price..

Financing is another problem..find lenders that will be able to finance this home and refer you prospects there...most folks have no idea where to finance a used home..help them and make their process as easy as possible...

If there is a used manufactured home broker in your area..consider his/her service..there fees are usually worth what they charge..

The INTERNET is a place to prospect...but local newspaper are as well..

This is a home...a home you are asking the buyer to buy and have some hassles with getting it moved...expect this kind of sale will take a while..months..maybe longer..even dealer will have home in their inventory for 6 or more months..

Make sure the home looks perfect...Good Luck

Paul

Post by Paul » Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:09 am

Karen, I'm having to go through the exact thing you are doing --- except not by choice. I live in a military mobile home park that is closing, so they are forcing us out. The bad news is that I have a 2002 double-wide I bought new for $91K and there are no MHPs around the New England area that have vacancies.

Since it's so hard to sell the home on it's own because of the hastle the buyer would have to endure getting it set up on land, I'm considering buying some land, and selling the home and land as a complete package -- and hopefully recoup everything in the process.

Is that something you can consider for your situation?
Good luck.

Cindy

Post by Cindy » Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:32 am

Paul....this must be some kind of trend the military is pulling. In our area the same thing is happening. The homes located on base must be removed within the next 4 or 5 years. The problem they are going to face is the same thing....no spaces to put them on. Land in the area is quite expensive and it is very time consuming and costly to obtain permits, financing, and site preperation. I just spoke with the editor of the newspaper on base and warned him of the future problems these men and women are going to face. I'm wondering if someone should speak with the higher echeleon as there are currently spaces available close by, but they are rapidly disappearing. It's a darn shame that you folks have to go through these headaches while serving your country.