BUY AND SELL IN TEXAS

The Art & Science of marketing Manufactured Homes. Retailers, sales people community operators and managers share experiences.
JOE

BUY AND SELL IN TEXAS

Post by JOE » Sat Feb 28, 2004 8:06 pm

I AM CONSIDERING BUYING USED MOBILE HOMES FOR RESALE IN TEXAS.
I KNOW THAT I NEED A DEALER LICENSE TO DO THIS. SOMEONE TOLD ME THAT YOU COULD MAKE A FEW DEALS WITHOUT HAVING A LICENCE. WHICH IS SOMETHING THAT I LIKE TO DO BEFORE GETTING MY DEALER LICENSE. CAN THIS BE LEGALLY DONE? HOW?

WHERE CAN I GET MORE INFORMATION ON STATE REGULATIONS FOR BUYING AND SELLING USED MOBILE HOMES.

PLEASE ADVICE.

rmurray

Re: BUY AND SELL IN TEXAS

Post by rmurray » Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:41 am

By far the best place to get this info is from your state agency regulating the license ...Most states require a license for anyone selling any home they did not live in..Starting from the first home...I see your state has a special license for those selling only used homes with slightly less requirements than a total unrestricted license..

http://www.tdhca.state.tx.us/mh/docs/licreqtype.pdf

Your state agency has a particularly great site...lIt even has all title info (could be very useful for sellers of used homes) listed..

http://www.tdhca.state.tx.us/mh/industry-info.htm

Call them..

shirley burrow

Post by shirley burrow » Wed Mar 31, 2004 5:05 pm

where do I go to school and get into selling mobile homes

sheila

Post by sheila » Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:55 pm

look up the web site for TDHCA texas Depatment of Housing and community affairs and go into the manufactured housing area you should be able to find what you need there.

Lindsley Bratten

Post by Lindsley Bratten » Sun May 23, 2004 6:19 am

Sir:

If you are any where near the Austin area, I am the President/Owner of Deerwood and would be happy to talk to you about placing the homes you buy in Deerwood for re-sale or even you may make offers on some of the homes we have there now which are owned by the mortgage companies.

512-247-2500 or 512-627-5400 cell

www.deerwoodtexas.com

Best regards,

Lindsley Bratten

Olivia

Post by Olivia » Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:37 pm

I'm saling a single wide mobile home for 34,000 its a 2001 well if interested call me at 1512-461-5985 my name is Olivia.