marketing

The Art & Science of marketing Manufactured Homes. Retailers, sales people community operators and managers share experiences.
Scott

marketing

Post by Scott » Wed Sep 10, 2003 7:48 am

I run a marketing/advertising firm. We have been charged with marketing to manufactured home owners with the intent of selling them heating equipment. Gas and oil furnaces specifically. The questions is this: Is it effective or ineffective to call out in the materials that this heating system was made specifically for their manufactured home, or should we stay away from highlighting that point and just tell them about our products? In other words, are manufactured homeowners sensitive to companies marketing specifically to them and their manufactured home? Would they rather be treated the same as any other home owner? Any help would be appreciated.

rmurray

Re: marketing

Post by rmurray » Wed Sep 10, 2003 9:20 am

Since gas heating appliances are different for manufactured homes than stick builts..I would not be afraid to reassure the prospect that your equipment is safe for their home...

Scott

Post by Scott » Wed Sep 10, 2003 10:12 am

Thank you for your input. Good point.

Robert Skillen

Post by Robert Skillen » Sun Oct 05, 2003 9:45 am

Perhaps an advertising campaign that truly relates to the target audience is in order here. You may email me personally for specific ideas.

Robert Skillen

Post by Robert Skillen » Sun Oct 05, 2003 9:46 am

Oh right, my email address is [email protected].