Breaking Even & Avoiding Repo

The Art & Science of marketing Manufactured Homes. Retailers, sales people community operators and managers share experiences.
Di

Breaking Even & Avoiding Repo

Post by Di » Tue Mar 11, 2003 4:42 pm

We live in an area that is fastly becoming the new St. Louis. We moved here because my husband's company (MasterCard) moved here. Citibank is also moving here this year.
Our problem is we need to move back where we use to live to care for my parents. My brother bought our old place and is letting us take it back.
The problem is we owe Conseco $30,500 on our 1995 Fleetwood 28X54 that is in a park. The location is great. Less than 2 miles from MasterCard. Also we are next to the park's club house and swimming pool and basketball courts. They literally are connected to our lot and we have one of the largest lots in the park. The park also maintains the landscaping.
That being said we owe $30,500. What is our best option to avoid it getting repo'd

Thank you for taking the time to read this and info is appreciated.

rmurray

Re: Breaking Even & Avoiding Repo

Post by rmurray » Sun Mar 23, 2003 7:53 am

Sounds like you should be able to sell easily...This amount of money would not be unreasonable for this type of home...

When selling a manufactured home...you must realize that it is a home...and like any home can take months to get the best price available..also make sure it is in the best condition possible..

A can of paint...maybe inexpensive new carpet...minor repairs..all go a long way to help market you home...remember..those buying used want something nice to live in just like those buying new...