Close The Woman

The Art & Science of marketing Manufactured Homes. Retailers, sales people community operators and managers share experiences.
Toby Hise

Close The Woman

Post by Toby Hise » Fri May 31, 2002 9:15 am

Want to guarantee to lose a sale when selling to couples? All you have to do is direct your sales pitch more to the man than the woman. You lose. Think about it. Most women are the real buyers for the family.
1. They buy the clothes for the kids and the husband.
2. They buy the groceries.
3. They control the finances.
4. They buy through emotions.
5. They are concerned with how the home is going to play into her lifestyle. (Kitchen, master bath, closet space, etc., etc.)

The man wants to lift the carpet and check the floors. He wants to look under the hood of a new car like he is a master mechanic. The floors in the home could be made of steel, and the car might go from 0 to 60 in 5.5 seconds, but if the wife feels she is being left out of the buying decision, or just doesn't like the home or car, there is no sale. It doesn't matter how much the husband likes it.
You see, most men want to do one thing that will make his life better. Satisfy his wife's wants, needs and desires. This old saying is true. "When mamma ain't happy, ain't no body happy."

Close the woman and you have a sale.

Steve Cullen

Re: Close The Woman

Post by Steve Cullen » Fri Aug 16, 2002 9:29 am

I agree totally. Having sold M.H. for twenty two years. One important thing your missing is you can not ignore the husband. If he sences your selling his wife and leaving him out, he will tell her to go somewhere else and look further. Its a delicult balance. Yes the lady is the main target but most husbands will not admitt it, so you best keep him in the loop as well.

Any major question anyone has feel free to write me I will gladly offer my experience for you.

Steve Cullen

Judy

Post by Judy » Thu Sep 19, 2002 7:59 pm

HERE, HERE!!!! The woman absolutely makes the final decision, but don't offend the hubby. A truly professional salesperson will sell him or her self to both spouses. By the way, anyone need a job? I need one of those salespeople right now. Greenville South Carolina Area. Judy

Ronda Hughes

Post by Ronda Hughes » Sat Oct 19, 2002 12:11 pm

what type of opportunity do you have available???

Kelley

Post by Kelley » Wed Nov 13, 2002 9:03 am

Judy, I will be relocating to NC in a year or two. I am the Sales Manager at a small family owned dealership in upstate New York. Please send me information about your company. I have heard the industry is not doing well in your area and would like input on that before I make the final decision to move. Up here in NY, near Syracuse, we have such a short selling season. I am sick of snow! I want sunnier days and a year round selling season. I've been in the business for a number of years and average 40-50 sales a year. That's a lot of home up this-a-way!
Thanks,
Kelley