Selling Home

The Art & Science of marketing Manufactured Homes. Retailers, sales people community operators and managers share experiences.
Ellen Hudson

Selling Home

Post by Ellen Hudson » Thu Jan 03, 2002 11:58 am

I am selling a 14X66 1985 Eastwood, Model F 166. 2 BR, 2 full baths. Remodeled. Vaulted Ceiling in den and MBR. New MBath Tub Surround, Porcelain bath sinks, White ceramic tile counter tops and backsplash in Kitchen and MBath. Delta single lever sprayer/faucet with stainless double kitchen sink. Paneling in Den/BR's. House type entry doors. Metal Awnings over windows. New blue/gray Linoleum for Kitchen, Hall and MBath. Blue Wool carpet in Den and BR. T 111 Gray Wood Vertical siding, White Vinyl Skirting, Gutters. Central Heat and Air. We live in the Greenville South Carolina Area. How much is my home worth? Please respond ASAP! Thanks!

KAROL DOYLE

Re: Selling Home

Post by KAROL DOYLE » Mon Feb 25, 2002 12:20 am

UNFORTUNATELY NOT A WHOLE LOT. IF YOUR LUCKY $3,000.00 AND THIS
WOULD INCLUDE APPLIANCES. I AM A DEALER/RETAILER AND I SELL 1999-2000 MODEL 16X80'S WITH DUKE POWER/ OSB WRAP/ PLYWOOD FLOORS/SETUP/AIR/SKIRTING/AND DECKS FOR LOW TO MID TEENS. SORRY, BUT IF IT'S NOT ATTACHED TO A PIECE OF PROPERTY, IT'S NOT WORTH MUCH.

Vikki

Post by Vikki » Tue Feb 26, 2002 10:59 am

Hi, does the price of a MH vary by location/state which it is in? I have a 1978 14x68' Detroiter Royal in the twin cities area of Minnesota with an open floor plan, 2 lrg bdrm, 1 custom bath, ceramic shower/6 jet whirlpool, glass block window, 10x10 entrance addition w/windows and lrg closet and 10x8 deck, 10x10 shed, heat tape 2yr, 1yr gas FP,self cleaning oven 3.5 yr, hot water htr 3yr, furnace 2yr, W&D 4yr,CA, siding glass door, 3 ceiling fans, ext. paint 3.5 yr, all app. stay (W&D,stove,frig, dish washer), all but 1 bdrm has 1yr carpet including kitchen, 2 car off street driveway, nice yard and park. I had it appraised in 8/00 (which was before the new carpet and FP was put in) by Conseco and they told me it was worth $23,500 then. Do you think they went real high because they wanted me to take out a home equity loan and the higher they went, the higher/more I could borrow? I'm putting it up for sale in the next couple of months and I'd really like to know where I should start with a price. I'd rather hear it now then get a BIG rude awakening then. Thanks for your time, Vikki

DD

Post by DD » Wed Mar 20, 2002 4:55 pm

$3000? You've got to be KIDDING me! I have a 1990 14x70 Patriot, 2 bed, 2 bath, w/deck, shed, 16,000 BTU window air & vaulted living/kitchen ceiling, and I've been told it's worth at least $14,000. When I was looking at NEW single-wides in 1997, they were in the $20,000-25,000 range. I bought my house (7 years old at the time) for $14,500. I've heard of depreciation, but that's ridiculous! Your house has got to be worth more than a piddly 3 Grand!

KD

Post by KD » Thu Mar 21, 2002 3:29 pm

MAYBE IN YOUR PART OF THE COUNTRY IT IS WORTH MORE BUT NOT IN THE SOUTH. GO TO A MOBILE HOME DEALER LOT AND PRICE A NEW HOME THEN AFTER YOU HAVE THE PRICE ASK WHAT THEY WOULD
GIVE YOU ON YOUR HOME AS A TRADE IN. ALSO, YOU CAN FOR A SMALL FEE ON THIS SITE GET A BOOK VALUE ON YOUR HOME. IF THE HOME IS GONNA
STAY WHERE IT IS YOU CAN GET MORE FOR IT BUT
MOVING IS EXPENSIVE. I WAS NOT TRYING TO HURT
FEELINGS IN THE EARLIER DISCUSSION ABOVE BUT
I DO KNOW WHAT BUSINESS IS LIKE IN OUR NECK OF THE WOODS. LOCATION DOES HAVE ALOT TO DO
WITH IT.

Art Abrams

Post by Art Abrams » Wed May 08, 2002 7:44 am

Your home is worth exactly what the market will pay for it. Some people on this forum may say $3k, others $15k, but they aren't familiar with your specific geographic area. Neither am I of course. The best, and in my opinion, the only way to arrive at a reasonable asking price, is to go out there and look at other comparable homes and see what they are asking --- even better, see what they actually sold for.
You also don't mention if this home is in a park, or on private land. If it's on private land, and will have to be relocated, the buyer will dial in the cost of that move in presenting an offer to you. If it is in a park, the monthly lot rent affects sales price. If your park lot rent is unreasonably high, people will only buy a home there if the home is dirt cheap.
Art