Contact followup

The Art & Science of marketing Manufactured Homes. Retailers, sales people community operators and managers share experiences.
Richard

Contact followup

Post by Richard » Sun Nov 05, 2000 10:47 pm

I'm working for an Independent Dealer and we need some way to keep track of and followup on our customers. I've looked at the ACT2000 contact management software, but it seems awfully in-depth. Does anyone have any suggestions for a program that will keep track of customer, generate letters and do a mail merge?

John

RE: Contact followup

Post by John » Mon Nov 06, 2000 8:24 am

The major programs to use are Act! ( which can be used at any level from simple to complex), Goldmine and Outlook. All can be downloaded from sites like download.com for trial version.

We recommend that the sales manager call every person who doesn't buy the next day and try to get them back in for a sale. In 30 years of trying to make salespeople follow up, I found nothing works. This is a simple way to call everyone and it does get sales.

Here is a stat you might be interested in. Our company was recently hired to do 200 calls and visits to retailers ( disguised as customers) and report on how we were treated. Of the 200 dealers we contacted, less than 20 (10%) asked for our name and number and we received Zero follow up calls and only one post card. Kind of a bad record seeing as it costs a dealer about $400 for ecery couple who comes to see homes.

Joseph Adams

Post by Joseph Adams » Sat Dec 09, 2000 9:50 am

Richard,
You asked about a contact management program designed for the housing industry. The Housing Marketplace has two programs designed specifically for the housing industry.
TelePro 2000 is a pre-visit marketing program for internet and telephone follow-up. On the internet portion you can respond to hundreds of email requests at the touch of a button. Program allows the content of email and the send date intervals to be changed. After the third email, the lead is data transferred to the telephone marketing database. The telephone marketing program displays first and follow-up calls required each day. Built-in, changeable scripting helps salespeople qualify and build value in their companies and get the appointment.
ContactPro 2000 is a post-visit telephone marketing program designed to maintain contact with prospects. Screen postings show calls required. Built-in, changeable conversation guides help build value and provide reasons for a re-visit.
Both programs have extensive built-in, printable reports allowing sales and management to check calls completed, daily traffic, referrals generated and numerous other marketing reports.
Both these programs are currently being used by conventional builders like US Home Corporation, manufactured housing retailers and REIT communities. For information you can call, The Housing Marketplace at (863) 648-1487 or write for brochures on both programs; The Housing Marketplace, 145 W Christina Blvd. Lakeland, Fl 33813.

Randall Covert

Post by Randall Covert » Wed May 26, 2004 10:04 am

We have a solution for your contact followup needs. Go to www.mobilehomeclients.com. This site is dedicated to the manufactured home industry. CustomerFollowup.com has been in the CRM industry since 1988 serving the automobile industry and we have almost completed the site mentioned above for the manufactured home industry. It is still early enough to have it customized for your client.

Contact me at 866 551-4953 at your earliest convenience and I will step you through our sites to give you a better understanding of what we do.

Best regards,

Randall Covert
President / CEO
[email protected]