What is your prediction for the Industry?

The Art & Science of marketing Manufactured Homes. Retailers, sales people community operators and managers share experiences.
Bekah

What is your prediction for the Industry?

Post by Bekah » Tue Oct 31, 2000 4:06 pm

Every one has their story, their thoughts on who will be left standing? Somehow following the industry has become my hobby. My father is a manufactured home dealer and I worked for him for several years. During that time I became aquainted with some really outstanding sales people. One in particular tht helped me climb the ladder of success. I can see a change in the way that some of the rep's at the manufacture level are doing buisness. They are no longer selling for sells sake, but are selling what is best for the dealer and the area that they are in. Is this the way? Carl has given me some good ideas on sales, And there is a new of doing biz.

Carl

RE: What is your prediction for the Industry?

Post by Carl » Wed Nov 01, 2000 7:35 am

I'm glad to hear the reps you know are doing more for the dealer. For the industry to be strong, we need that. I can remember when reps were great salespeople who would go over with each rep who he was working on - and make suggestions for getting the sale. In our industry, the average closing rate is 7 out of 100. Surely reps can do more to help raise that rate and help dealers stock what willbe best for them. Any reps want to comment.

Becky

RE: What is your prediction for the Industry?

Post by Becky » Mon Nov 13, 2000 7:09 pm

When you say the average closing rate is 7/100 is that what the rep.does? If you were a sales rep.at the manufacture level, what would be your main area of concentration during this time? When you say that rep's could do more to help the dealer, what suggestions do you have? What role do you play in the industry right now?