New Manufactured Home Buyer, TX, Sure Safe

Industry pros offer their experience in manufactured housing to help first time buyers to make informed decisions with confidence and peace of mind.
Tiza

New Manufactured Home Buyer, TX, Sure Safe

Post by Tiza » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:47 pm

Hello everyone,

My husband and I live on an acre in the country, and our old house is falling down. Instead of spending the funds to repair it again, we are going to put a Clayton Schult MH on our land behind our old house a ways, then tear this place down, that is, if it doesn't fall down first. We're both in our 60s and need something affordable. Building a home right now would just be way too expensive for us.

Anyway, I have a question. I keep seeing stuff about Sure Safe EFS foundations, and I've been on their website several times already and wrote on their "contact us" section. I'm trying to find out if they do the Dallas area of TX. We don't live in Dallas, but if there were contractors there, it would work for our area as well. I'm seeing that it's extremely highly rated. We don't have our home yet. We're still in the process of setting things up, have our loan pre-approved and everything, then have to go to the county to do a few things, turn in our septic stuff.

Does anyone know about the Sure Safe foundations and if they're in TX, at least in or near the Dallas area?

Thanks

Tiza

Re: New Manufactured Home Buyer, TX, Sure Safe

Post by Tiza » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:53 pm

Oh, I wanted to add something. If Sure Safe isn't here in my area, can someone recommend another type of foundation system? Forget the concrete slab thing. Our land is kind of that black clay stuff with more clay underneath. They just don't work good around here.

Also, what about the footers, does anyone know?

Thanks