Manufactured Housing Enterprises Inc in Bryan OH MHE, Inc

Industry pros offer their experience in manufactured housing to help first time buyers to make informed decisions with confidence and peace of mind.
wtferrell

Manufactured Housing Enterprises Inc in Bryan OH MHE, Inc

Post by wtferrell » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:22 pm

Hello mobilehome.com forums!

My wife & I are looking to buy a mobile home in the coming months. We've really narrowed it down to 2 different floor plans by MHE, Inc in Bryan OH. We've seen basically every floorplan that every manufacturer in our area has to offer, ha. Walking through the MHE houses, it just feels like they are a more quality built home.

The issue is that I can't find a lot of information from owners of these homes. That is a good thing, and a bad thing. Normally, with builders such as Clayton, etc, you'll see a lot of negative reviews and remarks online, you don't see a lot of "praise" posts. I carry this over to MHE, I'd assume that if there were a lot of issues with them, the result would be the same. Seeking out an online venue to vent their frustration. There also isn't a lot of posts praising the company either.

There is only 1 dealer in our area that carries the "Brand", but they seem well above the competition. I've read another thread here that says they seem too good to be true, with the features/build quality for the price.

Are there any MHE, Inc homeowners here? Can someone send me in the right direction to get more input from other owners?

Thanks for reading guys & gals. I appreciate any reply in advance!

Will

David Oxhandler

Re: Manufactured Housing Enterprises Inc in Bryan OH MHE, Inc

Post by David Oxhandler » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:01 pm

Manufactured Housing Enterprises is an Ohio centered home builder. The local BBB BUSINESS REVIEW gives them high marks even though they are not a member.

Manufactured Housing Enterprises is the first HUD Code plant in the nation to be certified to build GREEN READY manufactured housing. They build homes in partnership with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s ENERGY STAR Program, providing homebuyers with energy efficient new homes that save money on utility bills,

Before you buy take a look at The Complete Buyers Guide to Manufactured Homes and Land by John Grissim. This book is a comprehensive resource guide for MH Shoppers that explains just how the manufactured home industry operates, how to find a dealer worthy of your trust, how to make the right home selection, and, as important, how to be informed so you can make the right decisions. How to determine the fair price of a home. Smart negotiating tactics, (what not to disclose) and even Deal terms—what to insist be in writ
David Oxhandler
[email protected]

wtferrell

Post by wtferrell » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:03 pm

While I appreciate the link to that book, it really doesn't answer my question. I'm looking for owners of these houses, or previous owners of these houses.

I may look at spending the $25-30 for the book in the near future, but right now is not that time. Thanks for chiming in David, I do appreciate it. Just hoping I can get some other home owners to hop in with their 2 cents as well.

Celtlund

Post by Celtlund » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:39 pm

I researched manufactured homes for years before we bought our home. One of the best sources for our research was Grissom's books. The price of the book could not only answer your questions but save you a lot of $$$$.

mobekat

Post by mobekat » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:51 am

What part of the country sre you putting the home? I have a friend who purchased a MHE for his mother because thats the brand he purchased years ago and would not buy anything else! He ended up not purchasing from where he bought his (Frazysburg) but got a place in Greenwich to order it from. Now he plans on buying one for his in-laws!