Communities in Pennsylvania

Industry pros offer their experience in manufactured housing to help first time buyers to make informed decisions with confidence and peace of mind.
ndw846

Communities in Pennsylvania

Post by ndw846 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:35 am

I am specifically interested in knowing the pros and cons of some communities that I have been researching. One is called Hidden Springs in Harleysville, I believe, another is in Souderton Nesphimy (spelling???). Anyone know anything about these, or others in the area.

I am primarily looking to be closer to Doylestown, PA where I work. I am currently driving 180 miles round trip a day and cannot keep it up. I would like to get a place closer to work. An over 55 community is preferred but not an absolute.

Also, any help on how to decide which one is better, please. THANKS, Laura

David Oxhandler

Re: Communities in Pennsylvania

Post by David Oxhandler » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:14 pm

Selecting a community to live in is a very personal decision. What type of lifestyle will best suite you? Some parks offer tons of amenities that are hardly every used by most of the residents.

Decide what you are looking for first. There can be very different ways of life in a 55+ community or a family park. What is important to you? A pool or golf course, social events, public transportation, superior schools, etc. Find a park that offers what your looking for in your home base.

The best way to learn about living conditions in any community, is from the folks that live there. Take a ride through each prospective park and talk to people. It is not always easy to approach strangers. Let them know you are considering becoming a neighbor. Most residents will be eager to share what they like and/or dislike about the community they live in.

Make a list of questions that are important to you. Don't hesitate to take notes while you talk to your prospective neighbors. If you visit 3 or 4 parks and talk to a few people in each, at the end of the day, for me, the odds of a clear recollection of each conversation would be a lot lower with out some notes.

Take a camera. Take lots of photos. They will help you easily and clearly recall the features that you like and dislike and "which park was that in?".

Have fun!
David Oxhandler
[email protected]