Which Manufactured home companies are the best for California?

Industry pros offer their experience in manufactured housing to help first time buyers to make informed decisions with confidence and peace of mind.
navy_1987

Which Manufactured home companies are the best for California?

Post by navy_1987 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:26 pm

Hi. My husband and I are looking to purchase a manufactured home to put on our property. We live in a tiny 1930's stick built home in Santa Clarita, Ca and dont know much about manufactured homes. I have been looking at some GORGEOUS homes on the internet and then decided to do a consumer review google search on manufactured homes and was shocked to see how many of the models/companies I was looking at homes from had HORRIBLE reviews. Horror stories, actually. I am now freaking out that I will never get a new home or if we do, we will spend 100,000.00 on JUNK like some other misfortunate people have done and it will be a complete nightmare. How do I find out what Manufactured Home companies have the best quality homes and good reputations? Does anyone have any suggestions on who to look at and who to stay away from in California> Any info would be greatly appreciated
Thank you
Melissa
Santa Clarita, Ca

David Oxhandler

Re: Which Manufactured home companies are the best for California?

Post by David Oxhandler » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:39 am

Take a look at The Grissim Buyers Guide to Manufactured Homes and Land This book is a comprehensive resource guide for MH Shoppers that explains just how the manufactured home industry operates, how to find a dealer worthy of your trust, how to make the right home selection, and, as important, how to be informed so you can make the right decisions. How to determine the fair price of a home. Smart negotiating tactics, (what not to disclose) and even Deal terms—what to insist be in writing

Exhaustively researched, and with extensive input from both industry insiders and consumer advocates, this guide gives you all the information and tools you will need to successfully find and purchase the right home for you.

To see a full list of topics Click Here .
David Oxhandler
[email protected]

Celtlund

Re: Which Manufactured home companies are the best for California?

Post by Celtlund » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:57 pm

I fully agree with David's advice concerning Grissim's books. My wife and I bought the books and read them twice before buying and they are well worth the investment. Also, make sure you check out the dealer in addition to the manufacturer. We also did extensive research and reading on this site before we bought our home two years ago. As a result we happy with the home we bought and the after the sales service we recieved from the dealer and manufacturer. We live in Louisiana and bought a Southern Energy Home wich I don't think is available in California. Happy home hunting.