Re: 21st mortgage corp repos

Industry pros offer their experience in manufactured housing to help first time buyers to make informed decisions with confidence and peace of mind.
fido

Post by fido » Mon May 30, 2011 11:10 am

david, i have been with 21st mortgage for about 14 years and these people are crazy! they drive me nuts...i have a printout and i have never had a "late" against my record (30 days or more), and they harrass the stew out of me...they were calling the month before to confirm i will be making the next months pmt! I have an excellent pmt history and my credit is excellent! I finally told them if they ever called me before the pmt date i would move the mobile home where they couldn't find it and to quit harrassing me! p.s., i only have 2 yrs left to pay and my mortgage is approx 8%. its a good rate but these people are horrible. I also don't know a way to get a book value on a mobile home and i have had rental mobile homes in the past. good luck...

David Oxhandler

Post by David Oxhandler » Mon May 30, 2011 12:14 pm

It seems apparent that there is some mix up in the record keeping. Don;t let what is just a routine business call get you so upset.

I know that it is upsetting to hear that a payment you made is not recorded properly but the folks making the calls are just doing their job and could care less about your particular case. Ultimatums to your mortgage holder are never a great idea the person on the other end of the phone has no stake in what you do.

You would do better for yourself to insist on a statement showing your payment history after each payment so you have a continuous record from the lender as to your payment history.
David Oxhandler
[email protected]