Midwest Manufactured Homes-Ohio

Industry pros offer their experience in manufactured housing to help first time buyers to make informed decisions with confidence and peace of mind.
mjb43138

Midwest Manufactured Homes-Ohio

Post by mjb43138 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:25 pm

Hello.
My wife and I are wondering if anyone has had any experience with Midwest Manufactured Homes in Frazeysburg, Ohio. We are planning to buy our first (and hopefully last) manufactured home in the spring of 2011. It is an exteremely confusing business. Websites are full of beautiful photos of exteriors and interiors that don't admit that most of what you see is optional and not standard.
Then, dealers and manufacturers really won't give you any info, especially about prices, until you go to the dealership to be pressured.
There is a dealer in Frazesburg, Ohio, Midwest Manufactured Homes, that advertises a series of homes they call the "Elite" series. The homes are supposed to have a lot of the upgrades, such as 2x6 walls, drywall throughout, OSB exterior, etc, included as standard for this particular series.
The thing is, the homes are SIGNIFICANTLY lower in price than homes such as Fortune or Schult, where those types of upgrades are extra. Further, the dealer doesn't want to tell us exacly where these homes are actually built.
Does anyone have any information on this dealership and this "Elite" series they advertise? What they are saying is really almost too good to be true. Any experience out there with these folks?
Thanks

David Oxhandler

Re: Midwest Manufactured Homes-Ohio

Post by David Oxhandler » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:12 pm

Visiting a dealer can be a challenging experience but it is the only way you will see what they REALLY offer. To learn How to find A reputable dealer and negotiate a fair price check out The Grissim Buyer's Guide to Manufactured Homes and Land

This book is the "comprehensive resource guide for consumers that explains just how the manufactured home industry operates, how to find a dealer worthy of your trust, how to make the right home selection, and, as important, how to be informed, empowered, and swindle-proof."

Also available in e-book for INSTANT DOWNLOAD >>>

Let us know what you find out.
David Oxhandler
[email protected]

rmurray

Post by rmurray » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:40 pm

Any hesitation by a salesperson to completely, honestly and quickly answer any of your questions is grounds for you to leave him go..Remember they should be trying to help you with full, honest answers to your every question.

I is not unusual for a dealer to have a private label (brand) of their own..Every HUD certified homes has a HUD label with manufacturers name, location and phone number.Ask to see the label..

If you go back ask to speak directly to Ken Corbin the owner. Often inexperienced sales persons make mistakes that no owner would be happy with..From what I have seen, Mr. Corbin has owned this business since the 70's. That implies they must be a fairly decent company to continue that long..

Check out the bookstore here and GOOD LUCK..

trmimo

Post by trmimo » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:56 pm

The house is most likely built by MHE.

mobekat

Post by mobekat » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:23 am

I've been to Midwest and they do some shady sales tatics, like advertise a cheap price and do not include things like delivery, foundation set-up and options shown in the model. I think that Elite is a special low end Commadore model. I was so fed up with them we purchase our home at High Touch Homes in Greenwich and we are very pleased with it!
Good luck to you!