Fair price to offer a seller for a 1964 Double-Wide MH?

Industry pros offer their experience in manufactured housing to help first time buyers to make informed decisions with confidence and peace of mind.
kaitlynzmommy

Fair price to offer a seller for a 1964 Double-Wide MH?

Post by kaitlynzmommy » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:06 pm

I am a 1st-time MH buyer interested in purchasing a 1964 Double-Wide Mobile home with 1,000sq ft living space with 3 bedrooms/ 1 bathroom/6 rooms total . The current owners just installed a new heating system with new duck work, new floor in dining room and kitchen, & all windows and doors newly insulated. Appliances that come with the MH are a flat top stove, dishwasher,& fridge. What’s a fair price to offer? I went into Pennsylvania’s Property Records website and found this info for the property I am interested in:

Last Sale Date: November 17, 2001
Sale Price $0

Current Assessment: Appraised Value: $11,000 and Assessed Value: $11,000

Assessment History:
Appraised Value Assessed Value Eff.Date Reason Notice Date
$11,000 $11,000 N Sept 29,1997
$11,000 JAN 1,1998 REASSESSMENT
$800 JAN 1,1987

David Oxhandler

Re: Fair price to offer a seller for a 1964 Double-Wide MH?

Post by David Oxhandler » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:53 pm

It is very difficult to place a price on an older home in the blind. It is like asking what the value of my wife's Buick is with out any other info it is imposable to tell.

Much depends on the condition of the home and where it is located. In the end any thing is worth what the buyer is willing to pay and the seller is willing to take. Don't be afraid to make an offer lower than the asking price. It is rare for anyone to get shot doing that. From that point negotiate the best price you can.

Keep in mind the costs involved in transporting and reinstalling the home. In some parts of the country homes of that age can no longer get install permits. Check with your state mobile home owners association or your state manufactured housing association they will be best qualified to tell you what can be dome in your location and may give you some assistance on the pricing as well.
David Oxhandler
[email protected]