Deer Valley

Industry pros offer their experience in manufactured housing to help first time buyers to make informed decisions with confidence and peace of mind.
Magilla

Deer Valley

Post by Magilla » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:53 pm

I am thinking of buying a Deer Valley Brookelynn. Does anyone have one? If so what is your average monthly electric bill?

Celtlund

Re: Deer Valley

Post by Celtlund » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:17 pm

I don't have a Deer Valley home, but your average monthly electric bill will depend on a lot of things. First of all are you getting an upgraded insulation package with 2x6 exterior walls or the standard insulation package with 2x4 exterior walls? Are you getting dual pane windows or single pane windows with storm windows? How many square feet is the home? Where are you located? What temperature do you set your thermostat at in the winter and summer? All of these things are probably more important than the manufacturer of the home.
Also if you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you get Mr Grissom's books and read them thoroughly before deciding or even shopping for any manufactured home. I bought them years ago before deciding on the home we bought. It is a small investment that can save you thousands of dollars and a lot of heart aches.

kgcmoore

Post by kgcmoore » Sun May 20, 2012 5:37 pm

I was wondering if you ever purchased a deer valley and if so what your power bills are?

David Oxhandler

Post by David Oxhandler » Sun May 20, 2012 5:53 pm

Your question is like how many mile per gallon will I get from a Buick.

The answer depends on the insulation package, the foundation skirting type, heat and cooling appliance efficiency, and local climate.
David Oxhandler
[email protected]