Dealer wants Cash up Front

Industry pros offer their experience in manufactured housing to help first time buyers to make informed decisions with confidence and peace of mind.
Celtlund

Re: Dealer wants Cash up Front

Post by Celtlund » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:40 pm

If I understand the Palm Harbor sales pitch correctly, they pride themselves on factory owned dealers and factory trained installation people. Should anything go wrong, that would eliminate the finger pointing, (i.e. dealers fault, installation crew's fault, factory fault.)
If someone who is not a Palm Harbor factory trained and approved installation crew sets the house, how will that affect the guarantee? From what you are saying, the dealership will not accept any responsibility for anything that goes wrong and it will give Palm Harbor a good excuse to not do any warantee work. If I were the friend, I'd be running away from this deal and looking for a new reputable dealer who sells good quality MF homes.

trmimo

Post by trmimo » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:41 am

Absolutely. Kind of reminds me of Quality Wholesale Homes. This is a scary sounding deal.

andrew3d

Post by andrew3d » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:49 pm

What was the outcome of this deal? I am curious as to what happened.

lifezgrt

Post by lifezgrt » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:04 am

Update:

I did loan the money (around $100,000) to my friend. The home was successfully delivered and attached to the foundation, and within 2 business days money was wired back into my account from his construction loan. His contractor is working on getting power and water hooked up. Palm Harbor still needs to come out and do drywall repair and install carpet. Seems to be working out OK.

rmurray

Post by rmurray » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:26 am

Glad it worked out... I could use a friend like you...

BigMack21

Post by BigMack21 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:32 am

Glad things worked out for you in that questionable situation. Some of us don't get that lucky... I used a bad loan company once, took ages to straighten out :( But now just use http://www.homeloans.org and it's way better

slagenour

Post by slagenour » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:25 pm

I am slowly working my way through some of the different messages areas. OMG....I am learning so much! This last one was almost like a good book, could not put it down until I got to the end.

rmurray

Post by rmurray » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:51 pm

Comment like yours make all the volunteer work seem VERY worthwhile..In looking through the boards, be sure to remember to use the search function and search messages for the longest time it will allow..There are thousands of posting about nearly all aspects of the industry over many years of time...Good Luck with your search and if you have a question you cannot find an answer for, start your own thread.

slagenour

Post by slagenour » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:27 pm

I felt a bit foolish about my comment; however, am glad that I did now.

I am so apprehensive about buying a manufactured home now. Seems there is just so much information out there. Everyone talks as if their's is the best. I know the book will help with that but still don't think I will really know what I am doing when it comes time to actually buy....getting the biggest bang for the buck so to speak.

Thank you....a bunch.

David Oxhandler

Post by David Oxhandler » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:27 pm

There are no foolish questions ...
David Oxhandler
[email protected]