goldbilt

Industry pros offer their experience in manufactured housing to help first time buyers to make informed decisions with confidence and peace of mind.
scamartists

goldbilt

Post by scamartists » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:17 am

Quality Wholesale Homes (QWH) is not closing their doors without attempting to take out a few more consumers. After we had looked at their site for over two years, we ordered a home recently and were told we needed to wire $30,000, which we did.

About a week after signing the Purchase Agreement we received the Order Worksheet (where you actually order your home). Then on July 10th, we received an email that QWH was closing their doors and inviting us to shop at Goldbilt.

We were already trying to reach Dan Howard or Justin Kerns (our other QWH contact) by phone to say there was discrepancies with the pricing on the Order Worksheet (which lists prices for every option) and what Dan Howard told both of us on the phone. We have not signed the Order Worksheet even though QWH has made several phone calls and sent emails requesting that we complete our order - so they do NOT actually have an order from us.

When we called either Dan or Justin we got a recording saying the number was not working due to technical difficulties. We checked QWH website and it was now "under construction."

The QWH website sure made it look like they built homes so they could give "The highest quality at the best possible price. GUARANTEED!" When we talked with Justin Kerns and asked a question about the home and he didn't happen to know the answer - he replied, "I will call our factory and find that information out."

Noted in our Purchase Agreement was that the home could NOT be delivered before 8 months from now. If Quality was closing their doors next month than that part of the contract would have made the whole thing invalid (breach of contract on their part... we clearly stated we did not want a home put in storage).

We do not live in Utah - Quality's home office is in Utah. This is across state lines, not to mention internet fraud.

We Fed Exed a letter requesting our $30,000 back, they signed for our letter on July 14th (W. Howard). Hmmm..Devon Howard, Dan Howard...W. Howard. In the meantime we got emails from both Justin Kerns and Dan Howard that they were hired by Goldbilt.

Yesterday we learned that my husband's father is dying.

Today, (Saturday), I sent the below email to Dan Howard @ Goldbilt:

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Dan,
I am writing to you to appeal to you and Devon Howard.
My husband's father who lives in AZ is now dying and the stress of that plus our request for a refund from QWH is really getting him down. I don't need to go into how this was our retirement money or we were trying to move closer to his parents in AZ, but this is our story.

You have a choice here.

I am hoping you take the higher ground.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Today (Saturday) when we got home from grocery shopping we had a phone call from Dan Howard:

“Hi.(our first names) this is Dan Howard with Goldbilt Homes. I just got this email from you and I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. I do not work for Quality anymore, you know they closed their doors. They are still honoring the homes. I don't know what the deal is with that...you said something about August (we had received an email from Justin Kerns that we must sign and send in our Order Worksheet by August 21 and my husband had emailed Dan regarding this). I've been trying to get a hold of Devon (Devon Howard, CEO of Quality Wholesale Homes) to find out what the deal is with that because as far as I know they are still honoring the things and going through with everything just the same.”

“Also, I've been working with Goldbilt to see what they can do ...take it down to whatever..they got to see if they can get you going with Goldbilt if you want to, but your best bet is to go with Quality.”
-------------------------------------------------------
If they can send our $30,000 to Goldbilt, why can't they just send it to us, unless they don't plan to.

So gentle readers be warned.

Utube about QWH/Goldbilt? 3,335,060 people viewed the video about United Airlines breaking his guitar!

admin

Re: goldbilt

Post by admin » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:24 pm

See Report: #341724 at RipoffReport.com

"We are looking for others that would like to join us in a class action lawsuit against this company for violation of many deceptive sales and trade practice laws in all 50 US states. If you are a victim of fraud at the hands of this company and it's affiliates, please contact us (our contact info can be found at loveusa.com/condo. Please contact us between 6pm-7pm EST.) THE BUCK STOPS HERE! "

"DSH Housing Group engages in numerous fraudulent, deceptive sales and trade practices in order to coerce and pressure non-suspecting consumers into signing purchase agreements that contains a 'NO RFUNDS' policy
hidden on the back side of their contract in small print, which is not explained nor is it even pointed out to you in any way. Fact is, they don't even show you the back side of their contract when pressuring you to sign it. Rather, they tell you that you will recieve a full refund should they fail to qualify
you for financing, obtain building permits or numerous other obstacles that may prevent you from being able to buy a home from them."

"DSH Housing Group aka/dba Quality Wholesale Homes aka/dba Factory Wholesale homes aka/dba qwhomes.com dba fwhomes.com aka/dba Superior Manufactured Homes aka/dba Peritus Financial Services (each time their
complaints at the Better Business Bureau reach the maximum for a 'non- satisfactory' rating, they appear to register a different business name to escape the perpetual bad ratings). Currently between these
company names, we counted more than 68 BBB complaints just in the last 36 months."

See the Full Report

Another online visit to ComplaintsBoard.com is titled, Quality Wholesale Homes aka DSH Housing Group Complaints - Are You a Victim of the DSH Scams.

YOU can also Review all Quality Wholesale Homes aka DSH Housing Group complaints Posted to the ComplaintsBoard site.

Here are a few previews.

"To those people that have lost money to Quality Wholesale Homes in Utah, this is to let you know that according to the BBB the company is no longer in business. I have found out that yet again they have changed their name and have moved to another state."

"I have found out that the owner of Goldbilt homes is Devon Howards (he owned Quality WholesaleHOmes) son. and he has taken the salesman from Quality to Goldbilt. So it should be no surprise to those of us that have lost money that Quality and Goldbilt site have the same offers on them"

"So what you (Goldbilt)are saying is that because Quality told the BBB in Utah in writing that they would refund my money and haven't as of yet I can now come to you to get that money back. Who do I contact so I can get this moving? As far as a Handful of people complaining try OVER 100..."

To those of you who have been burnt.. Keep posting, keep joining together, all bad guys hate the spot light... shine on !!
David Oxhandler
mailto:[email protected]