what are moving fees, setup fees, etc.

Industry pros offer their experience in manufactured housing to help first time buyers to make informed decisions with confidence and peace of mind.
kelargo

what are moving fees, setup fees, etc.

Post by kelargo » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:56 pm

Hi,

I am investigating the purchase of a manufactured home.

One that I am interested in about 80 miles away from my lot. (repo)

the list price does not include "moving fees, setup fees, etc."

I understand the costs involved in putting in a septic system and drilling a well.
What are the estimated costs to move the home and set it up?

I read someone say there is a minimum down payment of $5,000 on the home.

Are these other costs upfront? (moving, setup) and about how much can I expect to pay in addition to $5,000 down payment on the home?

thank you

rmurray

Re: what are moving fees, setup fees, etc.

Post by rmurray » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:31 pm

Most often the seller of the home like this is the bank....Most of them will offer finance arrangements on the purchase...The actual amount of down will be between you and a lender...Set up costs will vary with the size of the home and amount of site prep required...Potential cost items are permits ( locally set by county), Moving fee and highway permits ( quoted by local mover) ..80 Miles in 1 state will be about $500 per section, land prep (clearing,grading,driveway,clearing permits,culverts,drainage ditches) can be from low to thousands of dollars)....In my area..a clearing permit will cost about $1000 plus the required barrier fences will cost another $1000...All before you ever touch the property...Some places will require permits for every tree removed...ALL places have special rules for "wet lands"....Then there is the actual set up costs...Footers and foundation for singles will be about $3000 and higher for doubles....Blocking and anchors will be from $1500 to $5000 depending on the size..Proper legal a/c moving will be about $500...Remember you probably will have electrical permits, plumbing hook up permits all by your county...Then worse if your state has impact fees, your county will collect them when you get permit...Some counties in Florida can be many thousands...

To get accurate figures you should call a licensed set up and moving crew for estimates for this house and onto your property...ALL states now REQUIRE a licensed crew to get the permit and certify the set up..

When buying from a dealer all of this and sales tax is usually financed with the home...Most lenders will require about 5% minimum down....Check with dealers in your area for completely delivered and set comparison pricing...

kelargo

Re: what are moving fees, setup fees, etc.

Post by kelargo » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:32 pm

thank you, good info.