quality modular homes

Industry pros offer their experience in manufactured housing to help first time buyers to make informed decisions with confidence and peace of mind.
david s

quality modular homes

Post by david s » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:19 am

My wife and I are looking at purchasing a double wide modular home.
Who are the leading quality home builders?
We want a home with a minimum of 2x6 walls, the more insulation the better, etc.

Thanks ,
DAvid
David

Joseph

Re: quality modular homes

Post by Joseph » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:17 pm

Purchased a Patriot bluebonnet Mockingbird fully modular home. It has been a couple years now and the fit and finish is still impressive. Very energy efficient and the quality of work has exceeded stick built homes in my area. It is a Patriot of Texas product.

admin

Post by admin » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:36 am

Take a look at The Modular Home Book by Andy Gianino

This is the essential guide to buying, building, financing and installing your modular home. There are no consumer magazines offering comparisons and recommendations on modular home companies. Modular homes are built to your local building code. Unless you know several people in your area who have already purchased modular houses and can offer advice on specific modular home companies, it may be hard to take the first step. This book is the answer!

The book gets down to the nitty-gritty: choosing a dealer, working with a general contractor, selecting a floor plan, choosing the customized details, even selecting a building lot and financing the construction. Throughout the book the emphasis is on top-quality materials and cost-effective measures to ensure that the buyer gets their dream home at a great price.

You can get more details at the Manufactured Housing Book Store
David Oxhandler
mailto:[email protected]

alecponting

Post by alecponting » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:05 am

Hello, In my view Modular house experts do not build, they manufacture. They develop the house in different sections quite contrary to the ordinary house construction. They build the house in sections in a location which is far away from the actual site and when the sections are manufactured they bring them to the site for assembling.

modular house

Bitxtyy

Post by Bitxtyy » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:12 am

You should look into replacing the vinyl siging with stucco! My fiance and I purchased an older mobile home that wasn't very insulated but affordable. The heating and cooling costs were insane so we looked into a cheaper way to get a more cost-effective home. We replaced the old windows with newer ones to provide better insulation which helped. We then had someone come out and replace the old siding with stucco cut to look like brick. Our heating costs dropped that month and our '84 mobile home looks like it was made last year :)