What is A Share and What do they cost?

Industry pros offer their experience in manufactured housing to help first time buyers to make informed decisions with confidence and peace of mind.
danedon

What is A Share and What do they cost?

Post by danedon » Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:15 pm

I have found some parks that speak about Shares. I would like to know what they are and what they cost? Apparently they eliminate a monthly fee, right? Except for a monthy maintenence fee, right? Any help would be appreciated.

jjdini

Re: What is A Share and What do they cost?

Post by jjdini » Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:44 am

A share means you own a part of the community just as a condonimium. You still have a monthy fee just like a condo.

danedon

Post by danedon » Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:49 am

So, what is the point? I'm looking to eliminate the monthly fees while I'm living in Iowa! Apparently only the rich can afford to winter in Florida, eh?

rmurray

Post by rmurray » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:30 am

You want the advantages and goodies of community life..someone has to pay...Just like all property have taxes which pays for police, schools and fire departments..some one has to pay for the community club houses, golf courses, security, landscaping....It takes money to live good....Just remember Florida does NOT have any personal income tax or any tax on your estate when all is done...Your income tax savings alone will be as large as community dues in most areas...

The main advantage of resident owned or coop communities is that the residents make and enforce the rules and no one will be giving notice move because the location has been sold and will be redeveloped...All lease communities have this risk....