need help buying home

Industry pros offer their experience in manufactured housing to help first time buyers to make informed decisions with confidence and peace of mind.
sputnikxxx

need help buying home

Post by sputnikxxx » Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:41 pm

I need help, we have been looking at buying homes for a few months now and we want something with some land.... most of the homes in our price range with acres are either modular, or mostly mobile....

the problem I am having is financing.... to my understanding the only difference between a modular and a mobile is the title... but every where I have tried to get a loan at for a mobile requires 20% down on a moblie...

there is one we really like the price is good, but I guess my question is, is there any where that does 100% financing on a moblie?

please any help will be appreciated

rmurray

Re: need help buying home

Post by rmurray » Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:13 am

Buying a home is a complicated process...even 100% finance requires a lot of money..you still have to pay the closing costs from your pocket...That will be from 5 to 6% of the purchase price....There are down payment assistance programs available for new manufactured homes and your dealer will have information about the plan..Even this will require about $1000 out of pocket money...If you are buying through a Realtor ..they should be fully aware of the finance programs available to you...

There are many other differences between these 2 types of homes..including different available mortgage plans..

Ask your dealer or your Real estate pro for more help in your situation...

sputnikxxx

Post by sputnikxxx » Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:29 am

well that is not a problem I can come up with closing.... but every where I have checked on the mobile financing they want you to come up with 20%.....

I have asked my agent.... they said that there is no special programs where we live that help out.....

and I have done several searches through google....

Mac

Post by Mac » Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:27 pm

I'm surprised by that. At least here in Oregon, as long as the manufactured home is post-HUD (1977 or newer)and attached to the land, the same mortgage programs apply to them as to any other site-built home.

Sylvia

Post by Sylvia » Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:49 am

Maybe you should be talking to the bank, not the agent?

sputnikxxx

Post by sputnikxxx » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:26 pm

I have talked to 4 different banks in my area, and also 2 different online companies... and they have all said the same.. that there standard for anyone purchasing a mobile home is 20% down

admin

Post by admin » Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:14 pm

Try the Manufactured Home Loan Finder Service This free service will show you which participating lenders offer the best programs and rates to meet your needs. Just take a few minutes now to complete the short questionnaire on this page. Then, based on what you tell us, our lenders can find a loan that matches your needs.
David Oxhandler
mailto:[email protected]

cohiba

Post by cohiba » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:05 pm

Fact is that manufactured homes can be hard to finance, I put a new Champion home on 3 acres, paid for ALL the improvements (foundation,septic,well,30x30 shop,electrical,road), anyway I had around $60K out of pocket into the deal,(basicially my down payment) and have very good credit, it still took me months to find a broker that could do my deal. Good luck

mwjln

Post by mwjln » Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:45 am

FHA does financing on a MH loan as well as VA. Also you can go conventional. It is harder to do a loan for MH, however, it is not impossible. Contact a mortgage broker who has access to many lenders. What state are you in?

azcarl

Re: need help buying first home

Post by azcarl » Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:43 pm

this will be my first venture into the purchase of a manufactured home. I have noticed that homes in the older parks have asking prices similar to homes in the newer parks, the difference being location. how much risk is associated with an older home (70's vintage) assuming it has been well maintained? what indicators should I look for during my search for a home?

thanks for your help, Azcarl